Chapter 19

"Emergency Blacktan club meeting!" Jennie screeched as she ran past Jungkook in the school halls. He turned and watched her go.

Jennie was always so dramatic. He considered not going because he was not in the mood of listening to her packing over her song or anything. However, Jungkook had class with Mark next, which he most definitely was not looking forward to. If an emergency Blacktan meeting could get him out of that, he would endure fifty Jennies.

When he walked into the choir room, he saw that Lisa was not there yet. He didn't think anything of it as he went sat in the back row by himself. Rose climbed in to the row in front of him and he hoped she wouldn't turn around and say anything about what she already knew. He wasn't ready for that.

Jennie was standing there at the front, her hands were on her hips. She looked impatient as the others began to take their seats. Mr. Bang who was leaning against the piano told everyone to quiet down. Jungkook was figuring why Lisa was not here, so did Tzuyu and Mingyu.

"You may be wondering why we called you here today," Jennie said. "We are not just a Blacktan club but we are a family and family cares. You may notice that we are missing a member of our family today." She continued.

Everyone looked around, confusion on their faces.

"Okay," Jennie said. "We are missing more than one member, but what I meant by that was a member who 'actually' shows up."

Oh. She meant Lisa.

"As the captain of this club, I volunteered to break this news as gently as possible. Unfortunately, Rose discovered something rather sad today." Jennie continued. "I know this is interfering with our classes and that we— "

"Jennie," Mr. Bang said. "This is not the time to get sidetracked."

"Of course." Jennie said. "However, I do think it should be first pointed out that— "

"Jennie!" Rose said loudly and everyone's gaze fell on her. She paused a moment then stood up. "I called Lisa this morning, guys. Her dad picked up and said she'd gotten into a car accident early this morning."

Jungkook's heart went still. His mind was suddenly filled with a rush of scenarios. Some bad, some awful, some he didn't want to contemplate.

"Is—is she okay?" Jisoo asked worriedly next to Jin.

"His dad said she'll be okay. It wasn't a bad crash." Rose told them and Jungkook wondered what kind of crash was a good crash. "She has a lot of bruises and a concussion, but she'll be okay. Jennie and I just tho— "

"We were thinking we could all go and see her at the hospital." Jennie cut in at the front.

Mr. Bang stood up straight and walked to stand next to Jennie. "Now, I understand a lot of you have a lot on with classes and might not be able to go. But if you'd like to go, I asked Coach Kai if we could borrow the football's bus just for today and after a lot of prompting, he agreed."

"No, Mr. Bang." Taehyung said. "Jennie is right, we are family. We should all be there for Lisa."

Jungkook looked around the room at the collective nods and then turned and nodded too.

**

Jungkook sat at the back of the bus by himself and scowled. The last time he was here, Lisa sat with him. This time, Rose was coming towards him.

"You came too." Rose said. She was slipping into the seat next to him and just nodded. "Because you wanted to get off class?" she asked.

Jungkook looked offended because this was Lisa they were talking about. Lisa who meant more to him than he cared to admit it out loud.