Chapter 15

Lisa was worried sick. She tried to called Jungkook for a million times but it always went straight to the voicemail.

It's been three days since she hadn't heard from him after the school's spring break. Lisa tried to came to his house but the guard said that he was out of town with he's parents.

Lisa was confused. What was happening to him?

She always prayed that Jungkook was safe whenever and wherever he is now.

Two weeks passed and Lisa still hadn't heard from Jungkook.

She spent her spring break to hang out with the girls. They went to mall, beach, cafe, and a lot of places. Sometimes their boyfriends would come along.

"Lisa, are you okay? You've been 'lost' this past few days and you always checked your phone. Are you waiting for someone?" Rose asked when they had a dinner together at Epiphany cafe, alongside with Jennie and Jisoo.

"Do you want more chicken, Lisa-yah?" Jisoo asked with a mouth full of foods.

"Ani, I'm fine. It's just—my dad. He said he would be home two days ago but he's not home yet." Lisa lied to them.

"Right, Lisa's dad is a chef. You must have been so lucky. Where's your mom, Lisa?" Jennie asked out of nowhere.

Lisa just stayed silent because no one ever asked her about her mother before since she transferred.

"My mom died when I was 5 years old. She had cancer." Lisa told them and they looked at Lisa with a little bit of surprise.

"Jinjja? Aish, Mianhe Lisa-yah. I didn't know." Jennie said with soft voice and grabbed Lisa's hand.

"Ahh, it's fine. You didn't know." Lisa said and smiled.

They continued to ate their lunch when suddenly Lisa's phone began to vibrated. Lisa took her phone from her purse and her eyes went bigger.

JUNGKOOK IS CALLING...

"Who is  it, Lisa?" Jisoo asked.

"I uhm—my dad! I have to take this, I'll be back okay?" Lisa said quickly and saw them all nodded and walked away a little further from the girls.

Lisa took a deep breath because she had waited for this call for almost the entire spring break.

"Hello?" Lisa answered the call.

"Doll." Jungkook said.

"Hey, I uhm—where are you? I tried to called you since that night but I can't reached you. What happened? I was worried sick. I was—"

"Hey, I'm okay. I'm sorry I worried you so much, I know you would so that's why I have the gut to call you just now. Besides, I just got a new phone." Jungkook informed her.

"Where's your phone?" Lisa asked.

"Broke. I broke it." Jungkook said. "It's the night when dad beaten me up. It's all okay now. You don't have to worry."

Lisa was about to cried because she felt like Jungkook had to through this all alone when in reality she knew she could do something in offer to help him.

"I'm sorry I ignored you and make you worried. That's not my intentions. I'm in Busan now, my parents went to my family's house. You okay, right? Are you enjoying your spring break?" Jungkook asked.

Lisa felt tears slowly fell down on her cheeks.

"I missed you." Lisa said out of nowhere.

"I missed you too, doll. God, I miss you so much." Jungkook said and he tried to calm Lisa down.