Chapter 5

"Lisa, you are my hero." Jennie said, dramatically on Sunday afternoon through the phone. "Honestly, I can't thank you enough for this." Jennie said again.

"It's okay." Lisa told her.

Actually, it wasn't okay at all. She was nervous as hell. She's been trying to make herself busy hoping that she might relax a bit but it failed.

"Lisa, are you sure you want to do this?" Rose asked, she was at Jennie's house.

"Of course, it's terrible that they would read someone's diary out loud and make fun of it." Lisa said.

"But how if they ask you?" Rose asked. "And Jeon Jungkook, of all people. You don't think it's some kind of... trap?" Rose said skeptically.

Lisa had already thought about that, but she really wants to help Jennie.

"It's nothing I can't handle." Lisa said as she's hoping she sounded convincing.

"Are you sure?" Rose asked once again.

Lisa took a deep breath and shut her eyes close. That feeling of dread still swimming around on her stomach. "I'm sure." Lisa said before shut down the phone.

**

"Why the hell Manoban is doing here?" Tzuyu growled next to Jungkook.

Mingyu's house was dark and filled with a lot of people. Loud music thumped in Jungkook's ears. People were shouting, laughing and talking so loud. He turned to look at Tzuyu was scowling and saw Lisa was lingering by the door. She was wearing a greyish vest with a tight white shirt underneath. Her pants were dark and tightly-fitted.

"I invited her." He said out loud.

Mingyu, Sehun, Yeri and Hanbin turned their shell-shocked gazes on him. Jungkook shrugged, he was trying to play unhinged. "I thought we could have a little fun with her later." Jungkook said.

The guys nodded and laughed and Mingyu high-fived him. Jungkook planned to get drunk later. He didn't care if it's school night, he just needed to stop being aware of everything around him for a while.

Jungkook saw Lisa headed and walked upstairs. Jungkook caught her and decided to follow her. When he reached upstairs, he looked around to find her. Jungkook turned the small corner and looked down the long hallway. Lisa stood there, she was tugging on the door knob.

"It's locked." Jungkook told her.

Lisa looked up quickly. She relaxed when she saw it was just Jungkook. Jungkook walked towards him.

"That's Mingyu's parents' room. He locks it during parties." Jungkook informed. Lisa gave him a small nod. "What are you doing, anyway?" Jungkook asked.

"Mingyu stole Jennie's diary." She explained. "I only here to get it back."

Jungkook stared at her for a long time. He felt sort of hurt and he didn't even know why.

"Is that the only reason you came?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes." Lisa nodded. "Do you know where is it? Jennie's diary?"

Jungkook was about to shrug. He wanted to tell her that it had nothing to do with him, ask her why he should help her, but he didn't. He sighed and turned around, gesturing for Lisa to follow him. He leads her to Mingyu's bedroom that he kept the key on top of the door frame.

Mingyu's bedroom was dark and a mess. Lisa disgusts on what she saw.

"It should be in here." Jungkook said, tugging Mingyu's closet door open. "It might take you a while to find it." Jungkook told her.