Chapter 4

The assignment was due the following month. Time seemed to sweep swiftly by and Lisa and Jungkook were a lot more at ease with one another. After the last meeting, they decided to meet twice a week at the library.

"I think we're done." Lisa said. "And we're a week early." She smiled, pleased with the work they had done.

Jungkook smiled then frowned when he realized their weekly meetings were going to come to stop for a little while until the next assignment was given up. He feels like he sorts of liked spending time with Lisa.

"So, uhm..." Jungkook stammered a little bit. "Since this assignment was on cultural context. I'm betting next one is on theme. We could get start it early?" he offered.

Lisa laid down the essay and raised her eyes to meet Jungkook's. Jungkook was sort of distracted by what Lisa was wearing. She always dressed so elaborately. Her sweater was—Jungkook wasn't even sure what it was. It was all colors and shapes and must have been hell to get into. She wore skin tight jeans and black combat boots. Jungkook wondered how Lisa managed to walk in those jeans. She was forever wearing them.

"Jungkook, we have a lots of time to start the next one." Lisa reasoned.

Jungkook sighed and sat back, regretting it the moment he did it. Why did he want to spend time with Lisa anyway? It was ridiculous. He had friends, he didn't need Lisa.

"So, there's a party on Sunday." Jungkook found himself talking to her. It was too late to take it back now. "I know your sort of—not making any, you know, friends around here."

It was true. Jungkook sometimes saw Lisa was sitting across the canteen by herself, eating carrot sticks, head down and avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"I was thinking you could come—go." Jungkook went on. "If you wanted."

Lisa's eyes were wide, her face full of confusion. Jungkook felt himself flushing madly.

"I don't do parties." Lisa shook her head.

"Ever?" Jungkook asked.

"Never." Lisa said.

Jungkook couldn't remember a time when there had been a party he hadn't gone to.

"Make an exception." Jungkook shrugged.

"Why?" Lisa asked.

Good question. Jungkook couldn't have told him why because he didn't know the answer. He regained his composure then rattled off an excuse.

"Because I'm tired of you moping around the school by yourself," he told her. "It's bad enough that you're there in the first place, but you go around with your head down like it's the end of the world. At least if you had some other losers to hang around with, I wouldn't have to see your ridiculous frown every time I turn a corner." Jungkook said.

Lisa's expression didn't change much. She shook her head a bit.

"I'm not even invited." Lisa said.

"I'm inviting you right now." Jungkook said and grinned.

"It's not your party at the first place." Lisa said.

"If I invite someone, they're invited, as simple as that. It's my and I school Manoban and if I want to invite someone to a party then I'll invite them." Jungkook said.

"Must be great to be you." Lisa rolled her eyes. "I'm touched by the offer but no. I'm not going." Lisa said.

"Why?" Jungkook asked.

"I have no reason and plus, I don't know anyone." Lisa said.

"You know me." Jungkook said.

"Yes, Jungkook. I know you, but not in public. You only ever seem to empty iced drinks over my head, or lock me in flipped over porta-potties, so that's not really a comforting reason." Lisa said.