Part 28: Lions and Toys

Start from the beginning

He'd go to see Rengoku.

After a long walk, Akai was near the end of the path, where Renhoku's house layed. He turned a corner and saw Rengoku's house. He noticed a boy on the porch. He collected a letter from a Kasugai crow with a smile. He looked just like Rengoku. His brother perhaps?

"Howdy." Akai made his prescence clear. The boy looked up and saw him.

"Oh, hello." He said timidly.

"Hi. I'm a friend of Kyoujuro Rengoku, can I see him?" Akai asked.

"Who are you?" The boy asked.

"Well, I'm Akai Suisei." Akai answered.

"Suisei...?" The boy slowly got up and began walking towards him.

Then jogging.

Then full on sprinting.

The boy flew into Akai and began hugging him and crying.

"Thank you for saving my brother!" He cried.

"Oh. You're uh... You're welcome." Akai patted his back slowly.

After a little while, he calmed down and he sat with Akai on the porch.

"So, what's your name?" Akau asked.

"My name is Senjuro." Senjuro answered.

"They told you everything?" Akai reffered to the battle against Akaza.

"Yes! The Kakushis told me about how you saved Kyoujuro and then beat Upper Moon Three to a pulp!" Senjuro said with sparkles in his eyes.

"It was a hell of a fight. But..." Akai paused for a second and his lip curled in spite. "He got away..." He growled.

"There's always a next time." Senjuro reminded Akai.

"Hm." Akai nodded. "How's your brother right now?" Akai asked.

"His lungs are damaged. He won't be able to fight anyore." Senjuro muttered. "But he'll be able to live normal to the most part, he's just retiring." He added to lighten the mood.

"Can I see him?" Akai got up.

"Well, I'm not sure my father will let you near him. But he will be thankful." Senjuro got quieter while mentionimg his father.

"I'll go anyway." Akai decided. Senjuro nodded and led Akai to the door. They both entered the dark home.

"Smells like medecine..." Akai muttered.

"Father! I brought a visitor!" Senjuro broadcasted his voice. A man very similar to Kyoujuro and his brother came out. except he had a bit of a beard stuble and wore a casual kimono.

"Senjuro? Who the hell is this? What did I tell you about BRINGING PEOPLE INTO THE-" At first he seemed mad, but he restrained himself. It seemed he was trying to avoid getting mad at his son. "Who the hell are you?" He asked.

"I'm Akai Suisei." Akai answered and held his chin high. "Don't show weakness. Lions like weakness."

"Well fuck off. My son is too tired amd I hate visitors. You should leave before I-" The fathed Rengoku paused in thought for a second. "Akai Suisei, as in the one who was on that mission?" He asked.

"Ya-huh." Akai nodded.

"..." Kyoujuro's father was quiet as he slowly went down into a kneeling positiin. Akai raised an eyebrow at this display.

"THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY SON!!!" The Father Rengoku screamed. "AS FORMER FLAME PILLAR, SHINJURO RENGOKU, I AM SINCERELY THANKFUL!!!" Shinjuro gave his name and screamed again.