Maybe this friendship wasn't your doing. Maybe liking the way he smiled at you and laughed wasn't your doing. Maybe protecting him from any sort of danger wasn't your doing. Maybe just everything you thought was your own choice, wasn't your doing in the first place.

You started to second-guess yourself, your choices, your words and thoughts.  It was all too much for you.  Who knew you'd have to do that?  Maybe fate knew because it feels it's controlling your every move.

All those dreams of a figure of light that looked just like you... maybe that was fate this whole time.  Maybe that's how it got inside your head, and now it's too late and it's already been controlling you.

"It's okay."

Your overwhelming thoughts stopped rushing in the second you heard that voice.

"I may not have a clue to what you're thinking, but you know what I'm thinking."

Minseon was speaking to you telepathically, again.  It made you lose all the pain for just a moment, just to listen to his soothing voice echo through your head.  That was one good thing about this mate stuff, that you could always hear his voice no matter what.

"You have to listen to me,"  he smiled gently, gazing into your eyes,  "don't question anything, okay?  Whatever you did wasn't your fault, like you told me.  I trust in your choices, [Y/n].  Whatever you decide to do, I will go along with it... I promise."

All the good memories you shared with that special boy came flooding in, drowning the bad and lifting the good.  There were so many, yet all of them had one thing in common.... you and him were together, happy as can be.  Is that what you did?  You're the one who made him smile... the one who talked to him... the one who saved him.

That must've been your real choices, right?  All of that wasn't fate... it was you.

All you.

"Minseon, I—,"  you paused, overthinking your next words before speaking,  "I believe you.  It isn't my fault that I'm this way... I just am.  You made my life whole. Before, when it was just me and my seven brothers, I never felt truly whole until you came and brightened up the empty room.  All those times where I made you smile and laugh; the times where you did the same for me.... is that real?  Did we... really do that?"

Minseon's eyes casted to the floor, his hands nervously rubbing against each other.  "D-Does it f-feel real?"  he asked.

"I'm not sure...,"  you honestly replied, making Minseon glance up to you in a questionable way.  "I.. I don't know why, knowing we're mates... maybe all of those things weren't of my own doing, and maybe you never meant most of those....,"  you paused, noticing Minseon's eyes held an unreadable gaze,  "...Minseon?"

"M-Maybe I could f-fix that,"  he suggested, still nervously rubbing at his hands.

"What do you mean?  I don't know how you—"

The rest of the words you planned on replying with completely left your mind instantly as the quiet boy you became friends with... had his lips on yours.

It was like nothing you've ever felt before. Sparks ignited when his soft lips touched yours— something you only thought happened in the movies. This was your first kiss...

And it was with someone you loved.

Was it love, though? Or was it just small, like a stupid crush or something. But this kiss between you both, it felt real. This felt real. Maybe you did make those decisions, not fate or this mate stuff. All those times you two shared... it was all you.

Minseon pulled away after some time, his cheeks tinted a cute pink, but so were yours. Even with his lips now apart from yours, you could still feel the tingling sensation on your own. Minseon's heart was beating loudly in your ears, and hearing it made you softly laugh out of nowhere.

"Wh-what?" the brunet said, curious as to why you had started laughing. "Did I d-do it wr-wrong?" he questioned as he touched his lips, believing he kissed you wrongly.

"No no no," you quickly denied, stopping your laughter to smile at him, "that was my first kiss... and it was yours too, wasn't it?" you teased, forgetting all the problems from before as you admired his reddened cheeks.

Minseon squeaked, "wh-what about it?!" he pouted, feeling embarrassed by your gaze on him.

"Nothing, nothing," you waved off, grinning at his facial expression, "But I thought most boys around your age would have already had their first kiss, or am I wrong?" you teased on a little bit more, already having quite the time just seeing his face so red with embarrassment.

"I-I thought you'd b-be super sh-shy after, but n-now you're just t-teasing me!" Minseon exclaimed, his cute pout not really helping him seem mad or irritated at all.

You smirked, "oh, so what were you supposed to be, huh? The proud guy?"

"I-I'm proud..!" Minseon defended, crossing his arms as if he was sure of himself, but he quickly let go and looked up to you, cute pout on show, "...d-did I do o-okay?"

You laughed at this, finding it undeniably adorable at how he was acting in front of you right now. It was honestly really heart-warming; it felt as if a blanket of peace was laying over you. "Minseon, you did great," you blushed, rubbing your wrist as you tried to hide your redden cheeks from his gaze.

The brunet wore a small smile, but you could tell he was proud of himself. "C-Could I... d-do it again—"

"WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON UP HERE??"

♥︎ a/n ♥︎
You guys hate me now, right? Or is this a love-hate relationship? We'll talk about it later :)

Do you guys have any tips for my writing or is it okay just the way it is? I'm just curious.