Chapter 2:Living Hell

"But...he's a noblemen!" yelled Sythinic.

"Even though he might be one of the most fearsome fighters..he's going to die." said Desmond.

"Don't you dare question the power of my father!" Sythinic said while holding Desmond's throat.

"I am not questioning his power. I am only telling the truth." said Desmond.

"How do you know?" said Sythinic.

"Visions."

"Visions?What visions?" said Sythinic

"Every since two weeks ago, I have been getting visions while I sleep. Every time it is approximately three seconds of the event.All which gave me enough clues to figure out that Kennen, your father is going to die." said Desmond

"What are the visions like?"

"Dark and twisted. In each it shows a dark creature stealing the soul of your father." said Desmond."I have reasoning to believe that he is going to strike him soon in the afternoon.Whether you try to save him or not, he will die." said Desmond.

"But-but.."

"Don't question the power of the unknown world my cousin. It's very twisted and fearful.Only I can sustain its power." said Desmond.

"If you can sustain it...then why don't we see if your visions are correct..we will see in the afternoon."said Sythinic.

"Your very foolish..unless you want your own soul to be taken, I have no problem with it." said Desmond.

"Aren't you supportive.." said Sythinic.

The two cousins walk back to the mansion. Both very curious on how the future will turn into.

"Dad? Hello?" said Sythinic."What time is it?"

"Almost the afternoon.Soon enough my cousin." said Desmond.Suddenly, a large noise come from the balcony.

"Dad!" yelled Sythinic. Both cousins ran to the door of the balcony to see Sythinic's father being killed.

"Be quiet..unless you want to be in the same position as your father Sythinic."whispered Desmond.

"So..Kennen..how's those two creatures you call kids?" said the spirit.

"T-They aren't creatures..they are h-humans.." said Kennen.

"Humans? What a fine soul I should eat..show me those two and you can live."

"N-Never.."

"Very well...you shall perish..." the spirit devoured Kennen's soul and body.The spirit left leaving a hollow shell of nothing.

"Dad...no..." Sythinic started crying softly.

"It was meant to be Sythinic..we can't deny those that are within themselves" whispered Desmond.

"How could I just let him die...how can I do this to him?" said Sythinic.

"You had no choice..nothing could have been done." said Desmond.

"We COULD have done something Desmond!We could have saved Dad! Why would we be so afraid on letting him go? WHY?" screamed Sythinic."I didn't want this to happen. All of this shouldn't have happened!"

Desmond just left the silence. Leaving Sythinic to his pitiful crys.