Submitted by Anonymous

During my few years of school, as I'm in school now (my eighth grade year), I endured countless amounts of bullying.

Physical, verbal, and a few times sexual.

It started in fourth grade. I'd been looking at the little slip of paper to find my class on the first day when I got bumped, hard. Like really hard. I fell back on the floor and when I looked up I saw this girl. On the first week of school every year, what you wear defines you. I was not, and never will be, a dressy girl. That day I'd worn a grey crop top with a tank top under it, shorts that came a few inches above the knee and some beat up grey converse. It was still summer, anyway.

The girl, Jenna, sneered at me, "Bitch." In grade school, I was painfully shy. I hated extra attention, and the only time I was loud and opinionated was when I was with my friends.

My eyes widened in horror. That was a bad word. I scrambled back up and grabbed my paper, hurrying away from her and her friends.

Mind you, over the summer I had had a growth spurt. EVERYWHERE. I'd started to develop a figure. I had small breasts since they started about a month earlier.

Later on, I found Jenna was in my class. Eventually, as I got more of a figure, the whole class turned on me. Calling me names. Saying I slept with grown men. The only person who never left was my best friend Kristy.

Kristy was never that big and over the years we switched places. I'd be the defender and she was the bullied, before it was the other way around.

The bullying was getting worse and worse and I just became immune to the words. Until Jenna said something about my mother. My mother raised me since my father left me. My brothers and I always get enraged if she's disrespected.

That day, I practically saw red. I practically jumped from my seat and lunged at her. Her friends grabbed me and threw me on the floor. She did little things, but those things killed me. Slapping, hair-pulling, punching the stomach. I hated my life. I did.

5th grade this continued, as I had the same class again. 6th grade the bullying stopped and everything was surreal. 7th grade it started again.

In 7th grade, my best friend moved. After all the bullying in 4th and 5th grade I became mean and cold to anyone who was outside my circle of friends. Still am.

7th grade was also the year I started listening to 'emo' music. I started hanging out with what we call "the emo squad." We called ourselves that to annoy the people who would fake slitting their wrists and their throats in our direction.

8th grade, this year, I was bullied sexually. There was this boy, Derek, who wouldn't leave my friend Christian alone. He would just always bother us in general. I would try to keep Christian away from him, until Derek groped my boob. I practically screeched and Derek just smirked. I sat there the rest of the lunch period, thinking. Eventually, my friends were curious about what was wrong. I told Kat and she told Christian.

Slowly, it started again. Christian would try to stop it. I'd have people groping my boob and slapping my bottom and calling me an "emo slut."