Submitted by @pumpkin-king

I was mostly bullied for a medical condition that I have, but occasionally it has tread over the line to me being labelled a 'slut'. It was started by my ex-boyfriend two years ago. I broke up with him, because I found out he was talking to other girls. I got over him extremely quickly, in the weeks that followed us splitting I don't think that I thought or spoke of him once.

But he went to a different school, and sometimes, when I was walking home from my school, I'd cross paths with him. He'd be with his friends, and I'd be all alone, and this is when he got his chance to label me. He and his friends called me a 'filthy slut' and things like that. He'd shout it in my face, or come right up and whisper it in my ear, then laugh. His friends chanted it continuously as I walked by. A few times he even hit me as he walked past, slapping me on the head or face.

It made me feel sad, certainly. But I had been bullied for so long in the past that I knew what they were saying were lies, and that I was stronger and better than them. It never affected me, and I stood up for myself. They soon stopped, and I am extremely thankful it never went any further. Now I am no longer bullied, because I showed the bullies that what they were saying and doing wasn't affecting me.

I'd just like to say that you are all smart and beautiful girls. And you need to remember that. I can't count all the times I have been called 'Ugly' when my friends have been called 'Beautiful'. My self-esteem takes such a knock. But then I remember that the boys that call me ugly are just looking for a stereotypical woman: curvy, big boobs and bum, long hair, perfect skin and teeth etc. I realise that I don't want to be a stereotype, I want to be me, and I love myself now more than I ever have. Being beautiful doesn't mean cosmetics and diets, it means being you. And you are the best kind of person you can be.