Submitted by @Ravishing-Angel~

This world is full of societies of different ideologies. It has progressed and developed a lot, but you guys know that saying, "some things just never change." The world is filled with different countries, states, cities, and each one of them thinks that it has something unique and different. To some point it is true, but when you practically look, most of the emotional aspects are similar in every country. One of them is what this book is for, slut-shaming and bullying, harassment, etc.

I am from India and am an Indian, of course. India has developed now a lot and is still developing, but before I was 12 years old, there were some issues. You know some common problems like stereotyping girls for their clothes and sometimes people for what they are eating, and you know the irritating, prejudicial behaviours are always part of our lives, but that is what led to my story, which wouldn't have happened if these things were not there.

So everything started from 1st grade. I and my brother are twins so we went to same school and classes till 10th grade. When I was in 1st grade, my 6-year-old self didn't like to wear the skirt that was in the school uniform. I liked the pants, which my brother had to wear for the uniform, so sometimes I would wear my brother's pants instead of my skirt and go to school. The teacher used to think I was not even present, but the girls in my class and my so-called 2 or 3 friends thought it was weird and inappropriate, and when I didn't listen to them they stopped being my friends.

Obviously my brother was always there for me, but after a few months I hated school. People (girls mainly) ignored me and just stopped talking to me because I was like a boy to them, and the sole reason I was like that was because I liked the freedom boys and my brother got.

I was a girl full of joy, but afterwards I became a cry-baby. I would cry while leaving for the school, in the school, and after coming back from the school. I stopped wearing pants and switched to skirts but still no one talked to me. They made fun of because now I was a weird girl, and I didn't even understand what the hell was wrong with me. The only people who were good to me were my brother and his friends. I enjoyed being with my brother, but at lunch time it was not like I had company, as they would play on the playground so I just had to sit alone. So that is how the prejudice of me being a weird cry-girl started.

I don't even blame those kids, I just blame the society and its stereotyping methods. Those girls were taught that in their homes, after all, to so-called "behave," if you know what I mean (clothes). Now, being a student of sociology and psychology, I can understand that.

Next was my 2nd grade. From the starting till midterm I was not able to study properly anything because I can't see properly. My young, immature self did not understood that I should get spectacles, so my mom thought that I was not studying out of protest. I don't blame her. Our financial condition was a bit unstable. My father went to Africa for his business that year and she worked in the income tax department, so she had the stress office work, finances, etc. Anyways, my teachers noticed that I should get glasses and they were right. When I went for a checkup, the doctor said I have to wear ugly, round glasses, which resulted in no one being my friend. To top it off, because I couldn't study properly before, my grades degraded a lot and I was now a stupid, weak, ugly, cry-baby and on the contrary my brother was really popular and intelligent and smart. The only days students were nice to me were on my birthdays, as they wanted more chocolates.

In second grade I gave up all my confidence on myself. My parents always encouraged me, though they were always complained to by the teachers that I was not good in my studies and that I always stayed quiet and the only time I opened my mouth was to cry.

In India most of the people are vegetarians. There are different kinds of castes and religions. The only people who eat non-vegetarian are Bengalis, south Indians, and Punjabis, most probably according to the rules of their religion. Gujaratis mainly don't eat non-vegetarian. So I belong to Kolkata, but I am born and bought up in Gujarat and live there. I am explaining this because this is what led to me getting bullied for another 5 years of my school life.