Mon Amour

(Not apart of My Love series despite the fact the title translates to my love in French. Now um. Idk, i just feel like this is more mature so there's your warning. Inspired by the My Queen series by Flowerblossom11 )

You were the younger sister of Princess Rapunzel which meant you technically were Princess Y/n. You were only sixteen years old. You first met Varian (who is 17 by the way) in Old Corona when your sister and Cass went to see him. You thought he was cute and you had a warm feeling inside of you whenever you were around him but pushed it aside. You saw him again at the expo. You got to be his assistant. It was after he revealed the name of this new element did you realize that you had a crush on him. (It is not Cassandrium. It is Quirinium because he loves his dad and does NOT have a crush on Cass)

The next time you saw him was during the blizzard. You went after him, disobeying your older sister. You saw what happened to Quirin and it horrified you. You did your best to comfort Varian. You tried to help him get Quirin out of the amber with Alchemy but it didn't work.

You tried to be there for him but Varian kept pushing you away. He reached out to your sister, Rapunzel, not you. He wanted her help, not yours. He crossed a line when he stole the Sun Drop flower. Crossed the line from light into darkness, from good to bad.

You couldn't believe what he did next. He sent an automaton after Rapunzel. And on her birthday no less! Your father, the king, ordered Rapunzel to stay in the most secure room in the palace until the threat of Varian has been neutralized. You weren't going to let that happen so you came up with a plan to free her and wrote it down. You stopped Cassandra from going to the convent and put her in charge of executing your plan.

You were in the town, having fun when all of a sudden purple fog came from no where.

"Y/n, go inside" instructed your father, the king.

You followed his orders and went back inside the palace as you heard Varian's voice echo through out the town.

You were safe inside. The guards could prevent any threat from entering the castle... or so you thought. In actuality, you were wrong, so very wrong. The guards were too focused fighting off one threat that another one was able to enter the palace.

You nearly crashed into someone when you were turning around a corner. You recognized them even thought you couldn't see their face or any part of their body. It was the clothes that gave it away. He had the same weird mask and heavy rubber coat on when you first met him.

"Hey Varian" you said nonchalantly.

It didn't occur to you that he was no longer on the side of good. You forgot all about his wrong doings when you saw him.

"Sleep" He said before blowing green dust in your face.

As you inhaled the dust, you started to lose feeling in your body. Soon you closed your eyes and fell straight into his arms.

When you woke up, you didn't know what was going on. You could see your mother nearby chained to the floor. You were also chained to the floor. It took you a second to realize where you were. You were in Varian's lab.

Varian said, "I see you're up, mon amour"

Mon amour? That definitely wasn't English. You didn't know what it meant. It sounded Spanish or French. You could see that your mother was confused by that as well.

He told you, "You know, there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a very long time"

You had to resist the urge to look up at him, to look into his eyes.

He kissed the top of your head and said, "I love you"

What the hell did he just say? "I love you" Did he really mean it? Wait, what were you thinking? He kidnapped you and your mother! He attacked Rapunzel!

He forced you to look at him by cupping your face, "And you don't have to say it back. I know you do. Your feelings were rather obvious"

You thought you did a good job hiding your feelings. Apparently not.

Queen Ariana shouted, "You're wrong, Varian! My daughter, Y/n could never love you"

He let go of your face and turned to your mother, "Your majesty, I'm afraid that's where you're mistaken"

You buried your face in your knees. You couldn't bear to look at your mom. She'd be ashamed. Varian was telling the truth. Despite everything he did, you still loved him.

Varian turned to you, "Now back to more pressing matters, mon amour"

He sat down beside you and wrapped his arms around you. You wanted this more than anything but not like this. He hurt your family. You had to say no. Family came first.

"Je t'aime de tout mon coeur" He whispered into your ear.

You recognized the language he was speaking. It was French. Since when could Varian speak French? He was pretty smart so him knowing another language wasn't much of a shock. But why French?

He whispered, "Embrasse-moi"

You knew moi meant me but you didn't know what the other word meant.

"Sois à moi"

You had no idea what that meant. You really should've said yes when your mother offered to teach you French. You loosened up, let go your knees and sat criss cross applesauce.

"Tu es la meilleure"

God, he sounded so sexy when he spoke French. So tempting. So romantic.

You didn't notice when he moved his arms to be around your waist. You didn't notice that he was now sitting behind you, with his legs wrapped around you. His head rested on your shoulder.

Varian teased, "You like it when I speak French, don't you?"

You let out a "Mhmmm"

You felt so at peace. This was your dream. How could you refuse?

He kissed your check and then whispered, "I love you. Just stay with me. Be with me"

It was very tempting to say yes. You wanted to be forever wrapped in his embrace. You had to push him away. You had to say no. You had your family to think about.

You shook Varian off you, "No"

He questioned you, "No?"

"I said no. I can't be with you, not after everything you did, Varian"

Varian got up, "I was afraid you were going to say that. I wanted to give you choice in the matter but I guess life doesn't really work that way"

What the hell did that mean? He picked up a small vial with dark red liquid from a nearby table

Varian said, "I know you're only doing because you love your family. But I know deep down, you feel otherwise. You'd rather be with me than them"

No, no, no. That wasn't true. You loved your family. Sure sometimes they did things that made you mad but you weren't the type to keep grudges. You wanted to be with them but you also wanted to be with him. Family came first.

He got closer to you, "This will make everything clear"

Varian forced the red liquid down your throat. It was only a few seconds before the potion kicked in.

Here's a little French lesson for you.

Je t'aime de tout mon coeur means I love you with all my heart. Embrasse-moi means kiss me. Sois à moi means be mine. Tu es la meilleure means you are the best (informal you). Varian is French for variable. Speaking of French, I should go work on my French school work.

Nearly 2k reads! Thank you guys!