Hogwarts AU

You are a fifth year Hogwarts student so is Varian. Varian is one of your closest friends and your crush. He is a Ravenclaw! (FIGHT ME ON THAT!) You're a Slytherin (for the sake of this story) You had some friends who are upper class students: Rapunzel, a seventh year Hufflepuff, Cassandra, a seventh year Slytherin, Lance, a seventh year Slytherin, and Eugene a seventh year Slytherin. (I had to age Cass, Lance, and Eugene down so they'd actually be able to go to Hogwarts) You also had some friends who were lower class students: Keira and Catalina who were both first year Gryffindors. You had some friends that were in your year other than Varian like Maddie who is a Slytherin and your dorm mate and her boyfriend Jax who is also a Slytherin. (Bringing them back! Shameless self insert).

You had just returned to Hogwarts after a trip to Hogsmeade with Maddie and Jax. You kind of felt like a third wheel. You had bought some chocolate frogs and bottles of butter beer for Varian. You had a plan. There would be no way he could say no to you.

"It's a brilliant plan, Y/n. It's going to work" Maddie reassured.

You told her, "You're right. It's just"

"You're nervous obviously and afraid my brother didn't give him the letter. I made sure Carter did"

"In y/n's defense, your brother's not the most reliable person" said Jax.

Maddie said, "I feel like I should be offended but I'm not"

You exclaimed, "Cause it's the truth!"

(Carter is Maddie's younger brother who is a Ravenclaw. You're not really friends with him but Maddie kind of is)

The three of you made your way back to the Slytherin dormitory. You saw Lance and Eugene in the common room, chilling on the couch. Nothing strange there.

Eugene asked, "Now where have you guys been?"

"Hogsmeade" Maddie answered

Lance was offended, "You went without us?"

"Yeah, we've got stuff to do so we'll see you later" You replied.

You and Maddie both went to your dorm room. You had laid out your outfit for tonight on your bed. You had this knot is stomach. You weren't sure if you could actually do this. You wished you had some liquid luck.

Maddie told you, "Don't worry, Y/n. This will work and even if it doesn't, I have a backup plan"

"Back up plan?" you asked.

"There's always those love potions at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes"

"I would never!"

"Geez, I was joking"

"Oh thanks goodness now please help me"

Maddie asked, "You do know we have dinner first right?"

"Oh, right" you said.

"Just leave the stuff here. It's almost time for dinner"

You dropped your stuff right next to your bed. You and your Slytherin friends went to dinner together. You didn't eat that much because you were too anxious about tonight. Once you got back you your dorm, you started getting ready. Maddie helped you with your hair and makeup.

"Just calm down. Tonight will go according to plan" Maddie told you as she put the last hair pin in, "and done! You look amazing"

"Really?" You asked.

You weren't sure about the dark green dress Maddie had picked out for you. The bottom of it graced your knees and it didn't have sleeves. The dress had straps that nearly covered your shoulders. You weren't sure about the silver heels either.