Soul Mate AU

A/N: So for the most part this can go with cannon. I'm just making it a soulmate AU. Everyone has a mark where their soulmate will touch them the first time. The mark is either white or black depending on your skin tone. Once your soul mate touches you, it goes to your normal skin color. You see things in black and white until you touch your soul mate. Then once they die, the world goes back to the black and white. (Don't worry!! Neither of you will die I'm not of fan of oneshots that kill you, the reader, and or Varian off)) Also thanks for 170+ reads! This is my most read book now! Anyways like pretty much everyone in Corona, you're friends with the princess. (This is after the finale)

You were with Rapunzel and Eugene on your way to Old Corona. You were going to meet some of her friends for a picnic. You already knew Lance, Keira, and Catalina. It was the other friend you hadn't met.You two were the same age. You've heard of him. He had a rough time two years back and that was sugarcoating it. You weren't scared of him but more of what his inventions could do. You've heard the stories about his automatons, dangerous chemicals, and project obsidian. He had redeemed himself so there was no need for you to be scared at all. He had a good heart.

"It's just a little further" Rapunzel told you.

You were just a little nervous to meet him. He's a BOY! A teenage boy. That was enough reason to make you nervous. His past and intelligence didn't help your nerves either.

Rapunzel asked you, "Are you okay? You seem a little nervous"

You didn't realize that you were shaking a little until she said that.

You replied, "Yeah. I'm fine. Just a little nervous. You said he is my age, right?"

"Yes. Varian is."

Eugene piped up, "That's not why you're nervous, is it? Varian's just a teenage boy and you're oh. I get it now"

Like most others at your age, you hadn't met your soul mate. Most of the time, soul mates were opposite genders and are around the same age. Most of the time but not all of the time. Eugene and Rapunzel were soul mates and they had like a six year age gap. Your mark was on the tips of your fingers on your right hand.

You guys finally reached your destination, Varian's house. You were meeting him there and then going to the picnic to meet Lance and the girls.

Rapunzel was about to knock on the door before Varian opened it. You couldn't see color but you were pretty sure he had black hair. It was the darkest hair you've ever seen except for one streak of his hair that was a light gray.

"I'm ready!" He stuck his hand out to you. "You must be Y/n"

You shook his hand, "Yes, I am Y/n. Nice to meet you."

A wave of relief rushed over you. He wasn't your soul mate. The cute boy who committed treason, stole the sundrop flower, kidnapped the queen, and attempted to kill pretty much everyone was not your soul mate. Of course, he's also the cute boy who saved Corona from the red rocks.

CUTE? CUTE? Were you insane? And the answer was yes, yes you were. (JK) He helped the saporians (Idk how to spell it) take over. Sure, he's done a lot of good but he's also done a lot of bad. You couldn't help it. You were shaking pretty much the entire way over to the park. You could feel your heart racing every time Varian was close to you. How could you be feeling this way about someone who wasn't your soul mate?

Rapunzel, Eugene, Varian, and you arrived at a nearby park and found Lance and the girls. Varian brought ham sandwiches. You loved ham sandwiches. Lance brought pancakes. An odd thing to bring since they were cold by now. You brought fruits and veggies. Rapunzel and Eugene brought plates, forks, napkins, knives, spoons, and water.

Varian took off his gloves and you could see his mark. It was in the same place as your, the tips of the fingers on the right hand. Usually soul mates didn't have the same mark so that was more reason for him not to be your soul mate.

You all sat down on the picnic blanket and starting setting up. Things were going great. Everyone was enjoying lunch. You finished off your ham sandwich and reaching for another one when suddenly the whole world lit up with color. You looked up.

Varian. The streak in his hair was a color you didn't know the name of. It was similar to the color of the sky and so was the color of his eyes. He looked at you and you looked at him. This went on for nearly a minute. You two were lost just looking at each other.

"Um, are you two okay?" Eugene asked.

Nope! Not okay. You finally looked down to your hand. Your fingertips were touching. He must've wanted the ham sandwich two. You looked back at him.

"Hello?" Kiera waved her hand between you and Varian. "Something's definitely wrong with these two"

Realization struck you. You were his soul mate. He was your soul mate. The both of you were too in shock to say anything or do much.

"What is up with you two?" Eugene asked.

Neither of you replied.

Finally you asked, "What color is the sky?"

"Blue" was the answer Rapunzel gave you.

Blue, that's it. That's the color of your soul mates eyes and the weird streak in his black hair.

Catalina pointed to your touching hands, "Uh guys?"

Everyone saw that your marks were gone. They finally figured out that you two were soulmates.

The guy you were nervous about meeting because you thought he could be your soul mate and you didn't really want him to be was your soul mate.

(lol. Did I trick you guys into thinking Varian wasn't your soul mate? The handshake didn't count because you two weren't actually touching. You touching his glove.)