ⅩⅩⅠⅤ. Bowtruckles and Betrayal

The next morning brought more rain than the previous one and Hagrid was nowhere to be found

The next morning brought more rain than the previous one and Hagrid was nowhere to be found. It was strange. I saw him at the beginning of the year, only three days ago, and now he just disappeared.

Ron and Hermione were arguing again, something about stupid hats and freeing the elves. Most of the time when they started blabbering among themselves I just tuned out. And while I may not be the most observant narrator, this time I did notice something.

"Ron, shut up a second and look over there." I said, elbowing him in the ribs.

"Ow! Bloody hell Harry, that hurt. What are you talking abo-"

Ron fell silent as he realized what I was trying to point out. The Great Hall seemed empty, too empty.

That was because the entire Slytherin table stood soulless. Well, except for one.

"Malfoy." Ron crumpled up his nose.

"What do you think happened? Why is Draco the only Slytherin?" Asked Hermione, abandoning her house elf topic.

"Probably killed them all."

"Malfoy looks lonely." I added.

"Ron! That's not funny, something bad could have happened!"

"That's what I said, he killed them. Say Hermione, you talk so much about inter-house unity, why don't you go join him?"

Hermione raised her chin and looked Ron straight in the eyes, "Maybe I will."

Hermione, true to her word, grabbed her plate and stood up.

"Sit down," hissed Ron, pulling her by her sleeve.

"Oh come on, how bad can he be?"

"He's called you a dirty mudblood since first year." I said, "And you once punched him."

The other students in the Great Hall were beginning to turn their heads towards the lone Slytherin. As whispers started to fill the room, Malfoy pretended to ignore them.

Clink. Clink.

Dumbledore was standing up, banging his fork against his golden goblet. It took a little longer than usual to quiet everyone down but soon enough, all eyes were on the silver haired wizard.

"As you may have already noticed, Slytherin House is absent from today's morning meal. Slytherin classes have also all been cancelled for the rest day."

A few cheers. I could swear I saw Malfoy blush. Ew.

"It has been brought to my attention by Madam Pomfrey that this absence is due to a dangerous game played last night in the Slytherin Commons Room. The game in question relies on taking a so called shot of alcohol, specifically vodka, every time Draco Malfoy, in any way, shape, or form, mentions Harry Potter."

It was like a bomb went off. Malfoy put his head down, covering his face, but not before everyone saw him turn bright red. There were shrieks everywhere. Some Ravenclaw stood up on the table and shouted, "MY OTP IS FINALLY HAPPENING! ASHKJAVGHADIAH!"