Ⅱ. Gandalf The Second

━━━━━━━☆Percy☆━━━━━━━

"I'm going to miss you Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said, leaning in for a quick kiss on the cheek.

I brushed her blonde curly hair out of her face with my hand, pretending we were in a top tier Hollywood romance movie. Like LaLaLand or something. I'll admit, I've watched it about five times with Piper and cried the first four. I'm secure enough in my own masculinity to admit that! Anyway, I pulled her in for a hug. "I'll miss you too my Wise Girl," I whispered, burying my face in the curve of her neck. Her hair smelled faintly of cinnamon apple shampoo and dusty books.

Finally I let her go and walked away. I was halfway between my apartment and the Delphi Food Truck when I realized I was forgetting something. I stuck my hand into my bag and rummaged around for the bracelet I bought Annabeth.

Nico gave me the idea after he saw it on Pinterest so I went out and bought a set. Whenever Annabeth or I were thinking about each other we could send a subtle but sweet message to the other. With a tap the other bracelet would light up and vibrate. It was pretty high tech so I was praying that it wouldn't blow up when Annabeth put it on her wrist. Chiron assured me that it was safe for demigods but then again he also told me that the gods didn't have anything against me and look how that turned out. I was a veteran of two wars at 17.

"Annabeth!" By the time her name had slipped from my lips it was too late. She was already inside the food truck, sitting next to one of the Stolls while the other manned the wheel.

"Bye." I said sadly as I looked down at the gift wrapped in blue packaging. It even had a bow at the top.

I guess I'll just give it to her on Labor Day or whenever my first day off from school is.

I headed up the creaky stairs and knocked on the door. From where I stood I could smell what I guessed was cinnamon buns baking in the oven. Nothing had changed, everything seemed exactly the same as I had left it six months ago. Nothing changed, except me.

My mom opened the door and upon seeing that it was me, led me to the dinner table to have a feast in my honor. Blue food was everywhere.

Well, atleast that's what I expected. I was her favorite son after all and I had just come back from a war for crying out loud!

Instead I got this.

"PERSEUS JACKSON!" She yelled. "NINE MONTHS AND ALL I HEAR IS ONE PHONE CALL THAT YOU'RE ON A QUEST IN SOME DISTANT LAND! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS! CHIRON TOLD ME YOU WERE IN GREECE! FIGHTING DIRTFACE! ANOTHER ONE! JUST GREAT! THE TITAN WAR WAS BETTER THAN THIS! AND YOUR NOSEBLEED ALMOST CAUSED THE END OF THE WORLD! IF YOU'D BEEN CAREFUL THAT OLD PIECE OF SCHIST WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN WOKEN UP! AND THEN YOU STAY AN EXTRA MONTH!"

I could tell she'd been practicing that, probably in the mirror. Maybe she even had Paul rate her and give her tips on how to seem more terrifying?