Part 27: Morning Training With an Unlikely Opponent

Start from the beginning

"What are the rules?" Genya asked.

"First one to knock the other completely on the ground wins. To be fair, I won't superheat myself." Akai decided.

"When do we start?" Genya asked again.

"Well, any time I guess. You can start whenever you-"

*BANG!!!*

Akai barely ducked hail of shotgun pellets. Genya pulled a gun out of his holster and fired it at Akai's head.

"You cheeky bugger!" Akai cracked a smirk as Genya fired again. This time, four pellets managed to skim his leg, tearing off a chunk of it. Akai's leg gave out and he kneeled on the floor. "Remember, I need to be all the way on the ground." Akai healed his leg and jumped up.

"Shoot..." Genya growled and reloaded his gun as Akai darted into the trees. He heard rapid footseteps all around him as Akai circled around. Genya held his ground and looked to and fro, trying to spot Akai.

"Yoohoo!!!" Genya heard Akai behind him and fired a shot at the noise. He barely missed Akai by an inch. Akai used this opening to move in and punch in the stomach, making him cough and stumble back. Akai went in for another punch only do step back when genya swung his sword. Despite the pain in his stomach, Genya ran forward and repeatedly swung at Akai. He weaved and ducked the blows and let him tire himself out. "You're very predictable, Genya!" Akai lunged to the side of Genya and spun to kick him in the side.

"Think again!" Genya grolwed. Akai's eyes widenned when he saw the barrel of Genya's gun fly out, aimed right at Akai's extended leg.

"Oh yea. The gun." Akai thought and heard *POP!!!* of the small shotgun as it's pellets severed Akai's leg halfway between the ankle and the knee. Akai groaned in pain and fell on his arms and knees. The severed foot flopped to the ground as Akai's wound gushed blood.

"Whoa! are you alright?" Genya said, suprised. He acted as though he didn't  plan for that to work.

"I'm fine. Keep fighting!" Akai ran on three of his legs like a disabled wolf. He zig-zagged left and right as he rapidly aproached Genya. Genya hardenned his glare and held his sword, ready to slice Akai if he got too close. Akai spun and shot himself forward, and Genya lunged in retaliation. Akai swung his fist while Genya swung his sword. Akai's metal knuckled fist flew into Genya's cheek as Genya's blade sliced off Akai's head at the shoulders. Both of them flew back and fell on the ground.

"Jezush chritsh..." Genya muttered with a broken jaw.

"That was a trade off." Akai's head went as his body reached to reattach it. 

"Cab I hab De Blood now?" Genya asked.

"Yea." Akai popped his head and leg back on and pulled out a cup of blood. Akai pulled out a second and gave it to Genya.

"Danks." Genya smiled with a crooked jaw.

"Salud, mi amigo." Akai clanked their cups together.

"Wut langwage wubs dat?" Genya asked.

"Beats me..." Akai shrugged and took a glug of blood. Genya stared at his open cup for a moment before slowly bringing it up to his mouth. Genya took a small sip and doubled over. His jaw snapped into place and he began breathing unevenly as steam pooled off his back. "Shit, Genya! Are you okay?"

Genya's veins began to buldge and turn orange as his body heated up.

"Oh shoot." Akai stepped back.

Genya let out a burst of fire from his mouth and began uncontollably laughing.

"THIS POWER!!! IT'S AMAZING!!!" Genya screamed.

"Chill out!" Akai ordered.

"I WANT MORE!!!" Genya ran towards Akai, wanting to grab more blood cups. Akai let his body superheat as he got into a fighting poze. Akai crouched and shot his fist into Genya's gut, not giving him a chance to attack. Genya reeled back and Akai tackled him to the ground. Akai held down Genya's hands and pressed his body against Genya's.

"Calm down man!!! You're on a power  high!" Akai yelled. The demon blood in Genya's system quickly burned out and he stared at Akai normally.

"Akai?" Genya asked tiredly. It seemed only a few seconds that state was enough to make him exhausted.

"It's me, you went nuts." Akai said.

"Oh... Well, we're in a wierd spot, huh?" Both Genya and Akai realized the positions they were in.

"Oi, Genya. Where the fuck did you run off t-" Sanemi walked out of the treeline and saw the two.

Genya: ...

Akai: ...

Sanemi: ...Genya...?

Genya: Aniki, It's not what you think!!!

Sanemi: You're a dead man...

Akai: Aw come on...

Sanemi: ...SUISEI!!!!!!!

Akai: OH-

And so Akai ran from Sanemi the entire day and night.