Chapter 33: Food Issues

Su Ce told Tan Tu like this. He had to say that males are all good craftsmen, Tan Tu is also talented in this regard. With his strength, he easily got a few stones and began to cut them according to Su Ce’s words.

The debris of the stove rustled down. Looking at the gradually formed millstone, Su Ce was surprised.

In some ways, the orcs are naturally gifted. If all the tools can be made so easily, then is it true that most of the forces are used to resist foreign enemies?

Soon, Tan Tu came to take credit with two millstones.

Su Ce smiled, pulled Tan Tu’s neck down and touched him in the face.

Tan Tu’s eyes lit up, “Ah Ce, is that all right? Shall we try?”

At Su Ce’s suggestion, Tan Tu showed him the millstone.

Su Ce looked at it carefully then recalled something and said, “Here...” He pointed to a place about five or six centimeters from the edge, “...dig a hole.” then measured the size by hand.

Tan Tu made a hole quite briskly and polished it with a strange iron tool that was almost round.

Su Ce used his fingers to point a smooth part between the two grinding plates and asked for some nicks. Tan Tu did the same and stacked the grinding plates one on top of the other—it looked quite like that.

Just, what else is wrong...

Tan Tu looked at this strange thing and blinked, “Ah Ce, how do you use it?”

Su Ce tried hard to recall that as an office worker, he only knew the simplest understanding of the concept and appearance of the tools commonly used in the countryside. He’s afraid he couldn’t do anything else.

After hearing Tan Tu’s question, he said, “Put the grains on this round hole then turn...yes, turn.”

Su Ce finally remembered what was wrong. Although the grinding plate had been docked, it would be inconvenient to rotate. There should be a handle.

The handle doesn’t use stone pillars. After all, if the stone isn’t good it’ll be a bit brittle and many of the woods in this world are very strong. Tan Tu brushed a log and made it into a long stick with the thickness of an arm which will penetrate into the newly drilled cylindrical hole on the other side of the millstone that directly lead through the entire plate.

That’s how it looks.

Unfortunately, as soon as Tan Tu pushed it, the top grinding plate fell off.

Tan Tu looked back at Su Ce innocently, “Ah Ce...”

Su Ce sighed. Tan Tu’s strength is great. It seemed there’s still something else to be done.

How can they keep the millstone from falling... If only he had studied the structure of the stone mill before, it would be great. But he never knew that even a hot spring would bring him to another world...

He can only try it himself. Anyway, it’s okay if it doesn’t fall off.

Su Ce thought about it. He used the branches to draw a line on the grinding plate about two centimeters wide. He asked Tan Tu to dig out ten centimeters divine groove, but the upper grinding plate can only be remade if it is suitable for this structure... Fortunately, for Tan Tu, it’s not too much trouble. It’ll be finished without much knowledge, with four more round ‘feet’ to be inserted into the groove.

Then he said, “Tan Tu, give it another try.”

This time, the chain didn’t dropped. However, the polishing inside is still not smooth enough and further polishing is needed. But this is only a small section, and doesn’t need to pay too much attention.