Chapter 9: The Patriarch

Before Su Ce could respond, he found himself suspended in mid-air. When he was about to react, he also didn’t know what words to use to express his current feeling.

Being held by a man... Su Ce was eerily stiff.

No one has ever dared to do this to him. Especially after being forced to nest in a man’s arms and finding that those arms could easily wrapped him effortlessly, Su Ce felt his male self-esteem had been hit hard.

In the Senior’s company, because of his strict requirements, many employees did not even dare look him straight in the eye. But this guy did such an action in public!

It just happened that Su Ce was really not convenient to act now...

Should he be angry...or should he thank him? Su Ce sighed.

Forget it, after having been in contact with this Tan Tu for many days, he should have seen that this is a guy who moves faster than his brain.

Tan Tu didn’t know that his sweetheart was thinking the various off-line behaviors had made him angry. But it was the first time Tan Tu was full of desire to make up for him.

Fortunately, Tan Tu was quite fast.

When Su Ce just made his decision, they already came to their destination, where the Patriarch lived.

There is a very large tent. He don’t know what kind of animal’s fur is used to build it. It gives people a thick and rustic feeling, just like how hard you hit its outer skin without causing any damage...

Even if Su Ce can’t see clearly, he can smell the danger brought by this tent... It’s like a beast crouching here, as if it was not a tent, but a living object. Making him unable to help but be deeply shocked.

Tan Tu put Su Ce down. Seeing Su Ce still in daze, he couldn’t help holding his hand and reminded, “Ah Ce, let’s go in and see the Patriarch.”

Su Ce looked back and nodded, “...oh.”

He forgot all the shameful things behind him.

The inside was very large. After Su Ce lifted the curtain, he heard the sound of flames crackling. The tent was so warm that even Su Ce, who was only surrounded by a bath towel, felt a little warm.

Then he heard a loud voice, “Tan Tu? Why is my young fellow here?”

A sound of footsteps was approaching at him. A strong smell suddenly rushed with a strong force and stopped when he was about to reach his front.

The loud voice became a little confused, “Tan Tu, this female is...”

Tan Tu replied, “Patriarch, his name is Su Ce. He’s a child of ‘vagrants’ and has lost his parents. I met him on the way and agreed to join our tribe.”

The Patriarch laughed and said, “This is a good thing! Any Orc is welcome to join our tribe!” After that, he joked, “Especially the female on the apex of a male's heart.”

Su Ce’s heart was stormy.

The meaning of these two words... Does this ‘female’ refer to him?

And Orcs.

Tan Tu can have both lion and human forms, isn’t it Orc? Also known as ‘male’, as opposed to ‘female’...

He had to say that these three terms gave him a subtle sense of uncertainty.

Su Ce’s expression was always a bit serious with less emotions.

Thanks to the habit of many years, he did not lose his mind now, but was silently calculating in his heart.