Chapter 32: Farming and Harvesting

There is another occupation in the village called ‘goldsmiths’, which specializes in making metal tools, recycling used metal tools and mining, all within their scope of occupation.

Because the Orcs doesn’t pay attention to the fine aesthetic feeling and the female’s have little strength, the goldsmiths are all males. The tools they used are to exchanged for materials—the males doesn’t know how to farm and raise silkworms, so in order to have more sources of income, the families composed of male and male will have a clear division of labor. One of them hunted while the other formed a team of goldsmiths with other people to go up the mountain to dig up mines. When they returned, they’ll sent it to their gathering ground for grinding.

Considering that dishes such as stewing and cooking meat are always boring, Su Ce asked his partner for a lighter and smaller pot.

What he want to say here is that the cauldron originally used to cook the meat is very deep, even a water tank is somewhat similar. If it is used for cooking, it’s absolutely inconvenient with Su Ce’s height. What Su Ce wants is the kind of wok that is always available in the kitchen on earth.

As for Su Ce’s request, Tan Tu was of course omnipotent. He quickly went to the best goldsmith in the tribe and traded three wild cows for an iron pot and two iron spoons, one with a long handle and one with a short handle, in full accordance with Su Ce’s request.

With a pot, there must be a stove, Tan Tu made a simple version. After a while, Su Ce finally got used to it but the thick smoke when the oil burned could not be spread out in the house. He finally decided to put the stove in the yard.

After everything was ready, Su Ce made a stir-fried meat slice that night. Of course he fully fried three pots to make Tan Tu eat happily. As for other dishes... In fact, only a few simple home-made dishes Su Ce served, just for two people to change their tastes. He could not do those with higher requirements on the fire.

Besides, his days are starting to get busy and no time to spend on researching dishes.

As a necessary skill for a ‘female’, Su Ce must also master them all...such as farming.

After returning from the mountain, Tan Tu accompanied Su Ce to his land. Because he was a new member of the tribe, he was assigned near the edge. Several females Su Ce knew gave him seeds and chose to plant white radish and millet grains.

Farming isn’t difficult as long as you care enough about this land. As for the cultivated land and the like before...you can’t do it yourself! There are still males! It’s not that females are lazy or something but if males can do it, it can be done in one day. If the females do it, it’ll take at least ten days which is too time-consuming.

After planting, just like other females, Su Ce began to look at the area of about two acres of land every day. Moreover, white radish and millet grains were all relatively tenacious plants.

Su Ce didn’t plant the vegetable, he could just let Tan Tu bring some back from the mountain every few days. Although the wild ones may not be planted with fat, the taste would be more authentic.

In this way, the days passed unaltered. In a twinkling of an eye, two months have passed. During this period of time, Su Ce had a deeper understanding of the situation in the tribe. He tried to learn how to raise silkworms and found that his hands were not exquisite enough... But forget it. Being greedy may make other things not work well, just concentrate on farming and cooking.

Tan Tu’s support is one million for Su Ce’s approach. He didn’t want to let Su Ce work hard for sericulture because he has to come home late every day... He can’t bear it.