Life or Death.

Wilder

Three days.

Three days since my baby was kidnapped.

I wasn't in a hurry to get out of the car since it was raining liquid ice out there.

I'd just convinced Ezra Ezra to take a nap while I headed back home but now I just leaned back in my seat and listened to the heavy raindrops pounding every part of the car it could touch.

I was still processing the heavy information Inspector Lane dropped on us.

We had gone through the Facebook messages June and her new friend "Nomi Sawyer" had exchanged. It turned out, she was the one who arranged the kidnap.

The police were on the case immediately and it took them days to find anyone connected to a Nomi Sawyer. But today, Inspector Lane came with news; instead of Nomi Sawyer, they found Eleven Hartfall.

Eleven took her.
I knew what she was capable of, that thought made me sick. If I wasn't scared before, I was now.

June had stopped fighting. She'd given up, she no longer had hope.

I just knew. I could feel it the same way I felt that something was wrong.
Maybe we had some sort of connection, maybe it was her lifeline.

I ran a hand over my face wearily, leaning my forehead on the steering wheel. I needed my June back.

"Where are you?" I whispered, my voice drowned by the beating of the rain "I need you"

It took a while to get out of the car but even then I didn't hurry into the house, I let the rain soak me to my Nikes. Only when I stepped into the house did I realize the rain was really liquid ice, damn!

It was just Sage, Fred, Blade, Rich, Miranda and Nana around today, the others would be back later. They surrounded me eagerly.

"Any luck?" Blade asked first, his eyes were wide with concern.

"You need to get out of those clothes or you'll catch a cold, you're freezing!" Nana said walking over to me with her crutches, her leg was obviously improving.

I just wrapped my arms around myself and glanced down, shivering. "Eleven is-s-s Nomi S-sawyer" I whispered.

There was a collective gasp. Almost immediately, I got the aroma of chocolate and looked up.
Miranda was offering me a mug of hot chocolate. "Have this, you're shivering like a wet chicken"

I took it and had a sip, it was so good I had some more. Or maybe it was because I'd barely been eating and I was hungrier than I knew.

"Why would Eleven kidnap CJ?" Miranda asked looking worried "then again, that is highly possible, she is so...ugh. This is my fault..."

We all had faults in this in some twisted way, especially me.

"We n-need to f-f-find where Elev-ven is hiding..." My sentence was punctuated by me sneezing into my elbow, yep I definitely had a cold now.

"She has CJ hostage?" Fred squeaked.

"Not sure" I said through chattering teeth "but sh-sh-she's our o-only clue"

Nana spoke loudly "Wilder you need something for your cold before it gets worse, go and change into warmer clothes so you can stop shivering, give him some space, ma cheries"

I didn't argue with her though, I made my way upstairs even though it felt like my knees would give way anytime soon.

"By the way Wilder, I put something in your drink to let you sleep, you barely sleep" I heard Miranda call.