Missing.

Wilder

I woke up knowing there was something wrong, I could feel it. There was something really bad going on and I had a feeling it was about June.

I couldn't explain it, I just knew but I didn't know what to do about it.

The boys wouldn't even let me leave the house alone, they knew one way or the other, I would find my way to her.

With this much time to think, I was beginning to believe what she said was true, that she didn't write those words.

I sighed and got out of bed taking my phone from the bedside table and going to my gallery.

There were more pictures of her than of me on my phone, some from her Instagram and most of them I took by myself.
They were mostly funny pictures filled with so many memories.

Like one where she was trying to hide from the camera because of one of her numerous bad hair days, and another one where she was trying so hard to stay awake to watch Romeo and Juliet, she kept arguing that she was wide awake even with her eyes closed. So I took her picture to prove it and she made me carry her to bed.

There were plenty of her unaware pictures though and those were the ones I loved the most, my favorite was when we bought some ice cream from À La Mode and went to eat it inside my car, then we realized we forgot spoons.

But that didn't stop her, she stuck her face into the tub of strawberry-chocolate ice cream and came back up in a fit of giggles. I took the picture when her tongue was out, trying to lick some ice cream off her nose, her smile happy and content.

The vibration of my phone brought me out of my reverie.

My eyebrows furrowed when I saw the caller.

"Ezra Ezra?" I asked into the phone, my voice sounded croaky so I cleared my throat and repeated myself.

"Wilder" Ezra Ezra said, he sounded very troubled "is Cricket with you by any chance?"

"Why....no she's not, why would she be?" I stammered.

"Because I..." He took a deep breath as if to calm himself "she was out since ten last night and this is about eleven am, she isn't picking her calls and...I'm just really worried because this is the first time this is happening."

By then I was fully dressed and making my way out of my room. "Calm down I'll be there in a few"

I hung up and shoved my phone into my pocket, my heart in my mouth. I knew it! I was right, something was wrong, June better not be missing. I won't even know what to do.

"Whoa, hey man where're you going?" Rich asked standing in front of me. Then I remembered they were all still here.

"I have to go!" I said brushing past him.

"You're going to see her aren't you?" Burns asked holding his arms out so I wouldn't pass by him.

"Yes, I..."

"No, stay back, we talked about this" Sage said.

"Is he trying to go again?" Bowie asked coming over from the living room.

"Look, listen to me..." I said but Blade came over and they were all talking at the same time, my head was swirling trying to pick out one thing at a time.

"I LOVE HER!" I yelled over the noise and they all fell quiet.

"What?" Rich asked, his eyes wide.

"I love her and I think she's missing...look I just can't do this right now"

"Go" Rich said pointing at the door. He didn't have to tell me twice, I was out that door faster than you could say "bro".