Tattoo.

I was about to retire for the night, I was just brushing my teeth, reminiscing about the kiss Wilder and I shared, when I realized......that I was hungry.

Seriously, I didn't know that much food would digest so quickly. But also, I couldn't have managed to eat dinner.

I decided to suck it up and go to bed that way.

But I couldn't sleep, I really needed food, so I decided to go ninja style and steal from Wilder's kitchen, hopefully, Nana wasn't a night owl.

I felt the side drawer for my glasses and slid them on. No night lights here so I had dimmed the room lights, that way I could see around.

I slid down the dimly lit hallway in my socks, almost falling, as the floor was slippery but I survived.

When sneaking around at night, evey little sound seemed to become ten times amplified! I could hear the sound of my socks sliding against the polished floors, thankfully there were no creaking stairs.

When I flipped on the kitchen switch which was luckily right next to the door, it seemed like it would wake the whole neighborhood! The freezer was the one with the squeak and that was loud no matter how slowly I opened it.

The wrapping of the loaf of bread was the loudest and I visibly cringed as I tried to open it, by now my heartbeat was accelerated.
I decided not to give myself a heart attack just for a measly chicken sandwich and settled for a medium sized cup of apple flavored ice-cream from À la mode instead.

I took a spoon and snuck my way back out of there.

I ate all the way back up the stairs and was barely done when I slammed into a wall. My glasses clattered to the ground.

"Messed up walls getting in my way" I hissed as my hands flew out to feel the wall so I could find my bearings.

First of all, this wall was really warm, I felt the bumps and smoothness and my cheeks grew warm.

"Are you sleepwalking?" Wilder's chocolatey voice, laced with amusement, asked and I pulled my hands away.

"No, I'm not...I...went to get something to eat" I breathed and he slipped my glasses on for me.

"These glasses are a curse" I said as I viewed his beautiful face.

"No, they're adorable" he said.

"What are you doing out?" I asked "I thought you went to sleep?"

"I have insomnia, June and the point is not being able to sleep" he said with a sad smile and I sighed.

But he looked so tired.

I nodded, "you wiped out my sleep too so I might as well not spend my sleeplessness in that boring room" I said.

His eyes lightened up "come on", he led the way into his room once again.

I sat in his bed and as I watched him watch me, I had an idea.

"How about a head massage?" I asked "I used to do it for Daddy and it he would always sleep right off"

"What about a full body massage?" Wilder asked hopefully.

"No" I deadpanned and his face fell.

"Fine" he pouted "if it helps you sleep at night"

"You mean if it helps you sleep" I said going to dim the lights "Rest your head on my lap and do you have any olive oil?"

"Yeah, check the drawers" he said

"You check the drawers"

"I'm the patient here"

"This is your room"

How to Survive in Maloray Highजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें