~T w e n t y~

Continuation of last chapter...

Big reveals coming your way!!

3rd Person POV
"If you're sure...I have one last question for you before we continue. Do you have any concerns for me? Anything you have a question about?" Hayden asked, desperate to understand her.

Hayden and the other guys watched her as the wheels spun in her head.

"It's okay to trust us Amara, we aren't here to hurt or make you feel unsafe" Hudson added gently.

Her eyes glanced all around the room.

"My ribs" she blurted out, eyes wide with fear as she ran her hands through her hair in panic. They made her feel like she needed to tell them everything.

"Thank you for trusting us sweetheart, that was very brave of you" he praised, watching as she responded to the praise. "Can you tell us what happened to your ribs?" Hayden asked gently. He knew she was scared of them and that broke his heart, but she was making progress, no matter how small it was.

"H-Hurts" she mumbled, panic pulling her mind under. Her nails were blindly digging into her arms and the boys knew they had to do something before she hurt herself.

Hayden stood, snapping on some gloves as he took a step closer. "Can I take a look?"

The fear of someone touching her heightened when Hayden stepped closer and Amara suddenly couldn't control her breathing anymore. Her body was thrown into a panic attack again and the anxiety rolled off of her in waves without her control.

"Amara sweetie, take some deep breaths for us" Hudson instructed, standing as well.

"I-I c-can't" she gasped out.

"Yes you can, focus on us Amara. You can see us, and you can hear us, focus on our voices" Hudson instructed, having dealt with a panic attack many times before.

"H-Hurts" she gasped out once more, gripping her chest and stomach while tears leaked out of her eyes. Her eyes were darting around the room trying to find something to focus on.

"I know sweetheart, I know...you have to take some deep breaths, it will get better soon"

"H-help" she cried out, wanting relief from the immense pain in her ribs.

"We're trying sweetheart, we are...but we need you to help us too. Take some big deep breaths with me" Hayden continued to comfort.

Greyson was beside himself. He wanted to step in and help but he knew the brothers had more experience and more people would just overwhelm her, but it hurt him to see her like that.

It took about 30 minutes to get Amara's breathing under control and once they did, she was utterly exhausted and miserable. Her chest hurt, her ribs ached, and she was completely embarrassed and vulnerable.

"I-I'm so—" she started, only to be cut off by Hayden. "Don't go there. You have no reason to apologize. We are very proud of you for asking for help, that was a big step and we appreciate you trusting us to help you"

She looked down at her lap and meekly nodded, unsure of what to do.

"I know you're feeling vulnerable right now but I would really like it if I could look at your ribs. That way I can give you some pain relief and get you feeling a bit better. That sound okay?" Hayden asked, sympathy lacing his tone.

"Okay" her response came out as a whisper but it was a response nonetheless. She was so tired that she could almost agree to anything.

"Thank you sweetie. Can you lift your shirt for me?"

She glanced around the room at the other males, not feeling comfortable enough to show her stomach.

"We promise we aren't here to do anything except help. No one is going to look at you in a bad way and no one wants you uncomfortable" Hayden comforted.

She nodded tiredly, lifting her shirt hesitantly. Once it was pulled to just under her breasts, all of their breaths hitched in horror. Her once pale stomach was now littered with black and blue bruises and one side of her upper stomach was slightly pushed inwards. Not only that, but her ribs protruded from her body, a sign of severe malnourishment. All of the boys were extremely concerned and decided this would be the last time she ever looked like this.

She couldn't meet their gazes and their reactions worried her.

"Oh my god, how did this happen? Who did this to you?" Greyson questioned, making Amara feel horrible.

"Just h-help me p-please. It hurts" she begged, hiccupping as her eyes welling up with tears. She was done fighting.

"We will sweetheart, I promise. Grey can you grab some morphine and a longer ace bandage for me please?" Hayden asked, not willing to let her suffer any longer.

With a swift nod, Greyson pulled his eyes away from her and stepped out of the room to get the supplies they needed.

"Amara sweetie, I need you to answer this honestly, because it's very serious. Can you answer me truthfully?" Hudson asked, his tone gentle.

"Yeah" she muttered, having a feeling that she knew what they were going to ask.

"Are you being abused at home? This would include emotionally and physically. Please answer us truthfully" Hudson spoke sternly, knowing this was an issue he couldn't joke around about. If a call was going to be made to the police and CPS, it had to be accurate.

She was fumbling with her hands while she thought about the consequences. Her heart was pulling her to these doctors but her mind was telling her that was a bad decision. Her mind was so tired of fighting and she didn't know if she could take anymore of it. She knew she could go to an orphanage or some distant relative, but she wanted to believe them when they say 'it will all be okay".

It must have been the exhaustion speaking, because she didn't know where her mind was at.

"Yes"

AHHHHHHH!!! Anyone else????