~S i x~

Part 2.

Amara POV
Confused as to why my opinion would matter, I gave him a simple nod and went back to looking anywhere else.

I could feel his gaze on me from the corner of my eye. I mean I'm sure I looked horrible but he didn't have to stare.

 Then it dawned on me. The bruise. When my supposed mother slapped me, she left a massive bruise on my left cheek. Right now it was a good shade of blue.

Turning slightly so he wouldn't stare at it, I kept my head down, thinking about how I could be so dumb as to not cover it up.

"What's your name?" The man beside me asked, still looking at me.

Should I tell him? What harm would it do? He is a stranger.

So I did what I thought was logical, "'it's A-Amanda"

Yep. I lied. I probably didn't need to but oh well.

"It's nice to meet you,  Amanda, I'm Hudson. I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you?"

I did mind. Why was he so interested? But weird enough I felt a sense of calm in his presence.

I considered running, right there and then, but I decided against it, kind of wanting to see where it would go. I was taught to never talk to strangers, back when my parents actually cared about my well-being.

"I-I'm 18" I lied again. I couldn't have him finding out that I was skipping school. My mother would never let up on me if she found out.

Almost as if he knew I was lying, he looked at me skeptically.

"Okay well I was just passing through and you looked pretty down so I thought you would maybe like someone to talk to." he said before cringing at what I'd assume were his very weird words.

Why would I talk to someone I've never met about my problems he knows nothing about?

"Um I'm o-okay, thanks." Not even that was true. 

"Are you sure? I can help you, just say so" he said, gesturing to my face. Well, more likely the bruise that was covering my cheek. 

I slightly  flinched when he moved his hands and I think he saw it because he furrowed his brows in concern.

"I'm s-sure. I-I'm perfect. I h-have to go n-now so bye" I rushed out, grabbing my things and standing up.

I glanced back at him once more and he was just staring at me again, making me feel a little uneasy. His presence actually weirdly calmed me, but his gaze was unnerving.

I sped out of the park and walked back to my house where I locked my self in my room and tried not to panic. I grabbed the ends of my sweatshirt and pulled them over my hands when I realized what I was doing to my wrists. My mind wandered, thinking of all of the possible ways he could be calling the authorities. Or CPS. 

Then my phone rang.

Pure panic flew through me. He must have called the authorities and now they were calling me.

The authorities wouldn't be calling you stupid!

I still hesitated picking up the phone, thinking it would be my mother and she found out that I was skipping school.

"Hello?" I squeaked, my voice cracking.

"Amara where the hell are you?" Slight relief flooded through me at my dad's voice. It wasn't the authorities. But it still wasn't someone I wanted to talk to.

"At h-home, w-why?"

"Your sister is in the goddamn  hospital and you're sitting your lazy ass at home?" He roared.

"I d-didn't know, I-I'm sorry. I'm on m-my way!" I rushed out. It's not like anyone bothered to tell me.

He hung up after that.

I hurried to get my coat and boots  back on and run out the door. If I wasn't in that hospital in the next 5 minutes I would be yelled at, and I don't know if I could take another hit.

Luckily we lived near a hospital.

Weird I know.

Arriving, I asked the receptionist what room my sister was in and I took the elevator to the third floor.

I found room 311 and knocked.

The door was opened by a male dressed in scrubs. Must be the doctor.

"Hello Miss who are you?" He asked, confusion in his deep voice. He stood about a foot above me and looked really intimidating.

"H-Hi I'm her s-sister, I'm s-sorry I c-couldn't be h-here  earlier" I spoke, worry lacing my voice.

He still looked suspicious of me but then his eyes narrowed to my face. Specifically to my bruised cheek. I looked down once again, still feeling his stare. Did everyone have to stare at me today?

"Amara! There you are! We were wondering when you'd come!" My dad interrupted, feigning happiness.

I just nodded and walked in the room.

Kimi was lying on the bed with multiple wires attached to her body. I was actually concerned for her. I had never seen her look so vulnerable.

"Well. I best be going, I have other patients that must be examined. I will be back to check on her in a few hours. Call the nurses button if you need anything" the man in the scrubs said, glancing at me once more.

I had almost forgotten he was in the room with us, watching our interaction.

The door closed and I turned back towards my parents slowly knowing I was about to get an onslaught of insults.

This is the length most of them are going to be, just so you know.