~T w o~

Thanks for being so patient!
Enjoy this very long chapter!

Amara POV
Waking up, I stretched my sore muscles before yawning in relief. I really didn't care to go to school today but if I didn't my mother would be all over me about how I need to suck it up and go.

Grabbing my neatly placed uniform off of the chair in my room, I decided I would wear my hair up so it didn't bother me throughout the day. I grabbed a hair tie to put my hair up out of my face and did the little skincare routine that I had.

It was that awkward season where it wasn't a warm spring but it wasn't a cold spring either and the air just felt wet and heavy.

Dragging my feet down the stairs, I walked into the kitchen to find absolutely no one there. Finally a breakfast in peace. But just my luck that in that exact moment, everyone came barreling down the stairs into the kitchen, interrupting the silence.

"Oh you're here" Kimi, my younger sister sneered. Kimi was short for Kimberly but she didn't want anyone to know that.

"Oh hush Kimi, you know she can't do anything about her presence" my mom scolded, feigning sympathy.

Not having an appetite anymore, I grabbed an apple on my way out of the kitchen, waving behind me just in case anyone happened to be watching.

I was used to it, but that didn't mean it made me feel any better when I heard it. I understood their point, I wasn't very pretty, but they didn't have to point it out on a daily basis.

Beginning my long trek to school, I put my earbuds in to block out the thoughts running through my head.
.
.
.
The abuse was usually verbal, but on some occasions, it got physical. I guess words were better than punches, but the whispers would echo in my head even if I wasn't hearing them.

That's why I hated school, the whispers, the fact that no one could just talk to my face, they all had to hide behind their whispers.

"What is she wearing? That totally doesn't look good on her, she's too fat"

"She still comes to this school?"

"I heard that she doesn't talk to her family. That's what Kimi told me."

The rumors are what started it, the rumors that came from my own flesh and blood.

I kept walking to my locker, trying to get away from the looks of disgust that are being thrown my way.

Thankfully AJ comes to the rescue.

"Oh my god you have to hear this!" she shrieked in my ear.

"What? What's going on?"

"So you know how the school nurse retired last week?" I wasn't too happy about that. She wouldn't ask any questions when I came to her after the bullying. I liked the little old lady that constantly kept lollipops in her office.

"Yeah? What about her?" I asked, confused as to why she would bring her up.

"Well they found a replacement! Someone who is an actual doctor this time! Well, medical student but who cares? He is so cute! You have to see him, he's like a god!" She squealed, bounding up and down like a child.