Not Enough (one-shot)

haven't written anything shippy or anything fluffy in a hella long time so here's this little thing

also it's placed in the S6 setting because i can

   ~*~

Impulse had been locked up in his room all day, and Zed and Tango had been worried sick. For around the 16th time that day, Zed went up to his door and lightly knocked. "Impulse?" he said softly. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm f-fine..."

That small shake in his voice was enough to make Zed practically kick the door down. Impulse yelped in surprise, jolting out of the small ball he'd curled up into and staring at Zed with wide, water eyes.

"Impulse!" Zed gasped, rushing over. "What happened?"

Impulse sniffled and looked away, shifting as Zed sat down on the bed beside him. "Nothing," he muttered. "I just... feel bad..."

"About what?" Zed asked, tilting his head slightly with a worried expression. "Whatever it is, I'm sure you've done nothing wrong."

"I just..." Impulse laid back on his bed with a sigh, staring blankly up at the ceiling. "I feel like anything I do isn't enough. I need to do more, be better, experience more. Everything I do just falls... flat."

Zed frowned. "Of course not! All the stuff you do is great! Remember iTrade, all the stuff you did in the war, yours and Tango's Safety Bomb Squad during demise, all of that was so great! Don't put yourself down! Say, why don't you come on out into the living room? Fresh air might help!" He tugged on Impulse's hand for him to get up but the brunette refused to move, just turning away from Zed and hugging himself.

"I'm fine Zed," Impulse muttered, starting to curl back up into a ball. "I just want to sleep..."

"Then sleep in the living roommmm!" Zed whined, tugging on his hand more. "The couch is comfy! Don't be like this Impy, you know I can't carry you!"

A taller shadow suddenly loomed over Impulse, making the brunette look up with narrowed eyes. "Need some help Zed?" Tango asked, instantly scooping Impulse up bridal-style.

He struggled in Tango's grasp for a moment before accepting his face and falling limp against his chest, face flushed from embarrassment and pouting. "Guys really, I'm oka-"

Zed quickly silenced him with a gentle kiss, running a hand through his hair. "No you're not Impulse," he insisted, smiling softly. "We're taking care of you until you feel better, got it?"

Tango grinned and pressed a soft peck to Impulse's forehead, giggling as his boyfriend blushed darker. "And no arguing alright? Just accept your fate."

Impulse huffed and crossed his arms, avoiding eye-contact from his two grinning boyfriends. "Whatever you big dorks."

"But you love us," Tango teased as Zed planted another kiss on his nose.

Impulse turned bright red and buried his face in his hands. "Y-yeah..." he mumbled as Zed and Tango burst into giggles.

   ~*~

*yells in i needed this serotonin* FLUFFY ZIT IS GREAT (so is embarrassed Impulse, mygod i love him)