Chapter 1 - She's My New Partner?

Barry's POV
"Joe, how do we get Iris to stop writing about the flash?" I asked him.

"That is up to you, Barry. Now we have to go meet your new partner. Let's go," He replied. I followed him up the stairs to my 'office'. I saw a girl with waist long blonde hair curled in ringlets and I could faintly see a purple streak in her hair. She was looking at the table with the files on it. Joe cleared his throat, causing the girl to jump back, knocking over my coffee in the process.

"Sorry," She said as she picked up the cup.

"It's fine," I smiled.

"My name is Barry Allen. I believe you're my new partner," I said.

Her eyes widened. "Barry Allen? My best friend from grade school?" She asked. I studied her face. The big icy blue eyes, her pearly white teeth, the tan from being in the sun all day, her small nose.

"Clarity Parker?" I asked. She nodded.

"Long time no see, Allen," She smiled.

"You two know each other?" Joe asked. Clarity nodded.

"We were best friends in elementary school and that one year I was in middle school before I moved to Florida," She explained.

"Well then, I'll leave you two to it." Joe smiled and walked out.

"You're a cop? I can't see it," I told her. Clarity has always been sweet, would never hurt a fly, and always saw the good in people.

"Well, what actually brought me to Central City was the Streak. I mean, I know who the vigilante is in Starling City. I really want to know the Streak," She smiled.

"T-that's cool," I stuttered.

"Why don't we get to work. There's a homicide case we have to run some tests on," I told her. She nodded.

~8~

Later we got a call for another homicide case. "So how's Iris doing?" She asked me. I shrugged.

"Good. Why?" I asked.

"No reason. I just wanted to know." We stopped at the body. She crouched down and studied the body then walked backwards about 10 feet.

"Shooter was a male, 10 feet away, a 22 caliber handgun, and size 12 shoes," She said. Everyone's eyes widened as they looked at her.

"I mean, what do you think Barry?" She asked nervously from all of the staring.

"I agree with you," I replied.

"Who's she? A female Barry Allen?" Eddie asked. I saw Clarity frown.

"Allen, Parker. You can leave now," Joe told us. We nodded and left.

~8~

Clarity's POV

We were walking when Barry's phone rang.

"Hello?...I'm on my way," He said. He hung up and sped off at lightning speed.

"I'm not the only one," I whispered.

~8~

So what did you guys think? 'The Purple Flash' will be updated every Sunday