Chapter Sixteen - Steven

"Steven. I need to talk to you. Now," I turned around as Caitlyn rushed over to me as I closed my locker door.

"What do you want Caitlyn?" she leaned up against the lockers and smiled as I adjusted my bag on my shoulder.

"I need to talk to you in private. It's important," I stared at her and sighed softly as she grabbed my arm and dragged me into the janitors' closet. Luckily for me the corridor was already empty before Caitlyn dragged me in here. Why did she drag me in here?

"What was so important that you dragged me in here for?" she shut the door behind her and spun around to face me as she smiled.

"I didn't want anyone to hear what I'm about to say so this has to stay between the two of us, okay. Don't tell anyone about what we talked about in here, understood."

"Got it, now are you going to tell me why you dragged me in here?" she leaned against the door and closed her eyes before taking a deep breath. I watched her for a few seconds as she opened her eyes and stared at the floor until she looked back up and smiled slightly.

"I've come to terms with you not being interested in me and I completely understand it now. It's clear to me now that you don't like me in that way because you already like someone else. I think I might know who it is and I promise not to tell anyone about it if you just do me one little thing first."

"What are you talking about Caitlyn?"

"I know you like Mika. I know what people say about me when I'm not around and I'd like to say that everything isn't true but unfortunately it is. I have been a terrible sister, friend and class mate. I've done things and said things about Mika I can't take back no matter how hard I try or want to but just so you know, I don't hate Mika as much as everyone thinks. Yes, I've been the biggest bitch there is towards her but yesterday when I saw my dad carry her to his car, the way she looked when I went into her room yesterday to check on her. It hurt, okay. All of those times that she'd walk inside covered in scratches and bleeding, it hurt and I tried to help her a few times but she'd only back up and run away from me like I was going to hurt her and it's hard to explain but I really don't hate Mika. I know everyone thinks I do and so does she but I...don't like it...when she gets hurt. Not by me or anyone else. What I'm trying to say is that if you like Mika, then you shouldn't have to hide it because if it's hidden for to long then people will start to believe that it doesn't exist anymore," I stared at her in confusion while she smiled sadly and straightened up a bit.

"How did you know I like Mika?"

"I'm not blind Steven and I saw how bad you felt after lunch when we were in the music room together, the way you ran out when you saw her. I guess I just didn't want to believe it but I'm okay with that now."

"Thanks but why are you telling me all of this?" she smiled and lowered her head a little bit.

"Because she deserves to be happy and because I've recently become interested in someone else."

"Really? Who?"

"If I tell you then it can't leave this room."

"Understood."

"Calvin. Please don't tell anyone about this otherwise they'll ask all of these questions and I don't want to make a big deal out of it."

"Don't worry, I'm sure he won't ask a lot of questions but keep an open mind if he acts as if he doesn't like you that way because I have a feeling that everything is going to change for the better soon."

"What do you mean?"

"You can figure it out. Oh and by the way, has Stacey bragged about what happened to Mika yet?" she looked up at me and I swear I saw a hint of a tear in her eye.