Thirty Two

One Year Later

"We can no longer place our trust blindly! We can no longer turn away with the hope that the right thing will be done. It is our job as the people of this country to make sure that those in power are not corrupt, and to do that we must keep our eyes open. Dominant or recessive... it shouldn't matter. We are living beings, and our worth cannot be measured on any scale, or by something we have no control over. Recessives matter, and no dominant would be here without them. We deserve our own rights, and now we know that we can fight for them," I cried out into the microphone, thrusting my own fist in the air as a call to battle. Cries of agreement met me as I looked out at the thousands in the arena, recessives and dominants alike. 

I collected all the followers I could from The Sarama, including my brother. We took our plan with us, and took to the masses. We gave them all the proof, and told recessives the truth: We had adapted. If we so wished, we could become our own shields and no dominant could harm us. We needed no one's protection, we could stand on our own. The Exotasi tried to silence us, but it was too late. It didn't matter how strong a dominant was, if a recessive knew how to protect themselves. 

"This government has forsaken it's people for it's own greedy ideas of a twisted perfection, and now, they will fall," My call for justice was met, and I ripped off the mask that hid the face of Jacob Shepard himself. 

The people called for his blood, but I looked at him, his blindfold still in place, sweat dripping down his face. My eyes flashed to Atticus as he bore down on the man responsible for ordering the death of hundreds, if they didn't join his own little personal army. Attie's family being only a couple of his victims. We had already hunted down their personal murderer months ago. I could still remember how that demented man died with a twisted smile on his face. Atticus looked at me, and I could see the cold determination on his face. I nodded, and then he was lifted, high above us where all the crowd could see him, and with one loud, solid crack, his neck was broken. 

"The death of this tyrant ends the corruption, and now this dictatorship. The people make this nation, so the people should have the most power. We will vote for our leaders, and no one person will have all the power. There will be a council of seven, that will represent the great people of this land. Each will represent a house in which they will be charged, Justice, Community, Currency, Foreign Affairs, Economy, Health Care and Criminal Affairs. Each of the leaders of these houses will be responsible to take care of each of these areas, and will have workers under them as well.  No more corruption, no more lies, and no more inequality."

I turned away as I finished my speech, going back inside of the house that once belonged to the capital. It would be torn down, destroyed, along with every other official building. The worst of the worst, like Jacob Shepard were killed, others were imprisoned, and surprisingly, some were wanted in other countries for crimes that they had committed. We surrendered them of course, and gained allies with a few nations because of it. Atticus followed me inside, and I immediately went to find Casey and Blake. Casey was six months pregnant, and I felt like I had to keep a close eye on her. After all, I would be an aunt soon. 

"I'm glad it's almost over," Atticus sighed. I looked at him. He looked exhausted, we all did. He had bags under his eyes, his hair was a bit longer than it should be, and his usually easy smile wasn't as bright as it once was. I paused and gave him a quick kiss, than smiled.

"Me too."

"Ivory!" My brother called, approaching us quickly,his boots echoing across the marble floors. 

"Is everything ok? Casey?" I asked, meeting him with worry.

"She's fine, everything is ok," He smiled, handing me a piece of paper.