Two

"Cat got your tongue, kitten?" He asked, bemused.

I snapped out of my shocked state, sending him a cold glare.

"Don't call me that," I spoke sharply, pushing him away, or at least attempting to.

"Angry little thing, aren't you?" He chuckled, his body still pressed fully against mine serving as a very devilish destraction.

"Why are you hiding?" I asked, giving up on pushing him away and leaned against the wall in defeat.

"Let's just say I'm a wanted man," he winked, his beautiful hazel eyes sparkling carelessly, even in his position.

"Well, I could disagree with that," I murmured, becoming more and more annoyed by the second. How could this happen? I wait nineteen Years for my true pair and its this arrogant ass hole? I felt cheated. He laughed, pressing a gentle kiss against my neck. I felt my eyes widen as I griped his cotton shirt, sparks of pleasure rushing through me with his simple touch against my skin.

"Let me go," I demanded weakly, knowing I was helpless against him.

"Now, why would I do that kitten?" He grinned, a devious spark in his eyes.

"Because I don't want you," I whispered breathlessly. His hazel eyes turned to hard topaz.

"Oh, come on now, Kitten," he said, tone barely concealing his anger. "You're mine. You don't have a choice."

"There's always a choice," I frown at him.

"Well, you're right there. You happen to have two choices right now, one being you walking out of here quietly, together or me throwing you over my shoulder and dragging your ass out of here kicking and screaming, which may or may not lead to the death of some officers," He smiled cheekily.

I gaped at him. How did I end up with him? He smiled while threatening to kill people!

"Can you give me some space?" I murmur, eyes finally drifting down cast. He did after a moment, leaning against one of the maroon, leather booths. I could feel his hazel eyes on me, almost like an itch. I was a recessive, so I couldn't run away. He was my pair, so weren't we supposed to be together? Fate had never made a mistake before,  but this all seemed a bit bigger than me. He was obviously running from something, and he was such a prick.

"What's your name?" I finally asked, trying to distract myself from my own thoughts.

He grinned mischievously, crossing his strong arms over his chest, causing his biceps to bulge. I tried not to look too closely, he was like a drug. Too tempting for my own good, even though I know that once I start, I won't be able to stop.

"I'm Atticus, and you are, kitten?"

"I'm Ivory."

"Well, it's nice to officially meet you," He took my hand, kissing it, sending shivers down my spine. "Finally."

I don't know what it was exactly. Maybe it was the way his eyes sparkled with sincerity outside his mask of wry humor? Possibly the way his words hit my skin in a soft wave of warm breath. All I know is that my heart melted a little, and for some crazy, ridiculous, unexplainable reason, I decided to go with him.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

Atticus and I snuck out the back through the alleyway where they keep the trash. New york is always crowded, always alive with people, but luckily they stay out of alleyways for the most part for obvious reasons.

"Come on," Atticus spoke, annoyed that my speed wasn't up to par with his own. I hurried my pace, practically running to keep up with his long legs. We rushed down the alley,all the while I was wondering what the hell I was doing.

"Where are we going?" I asked, slightly out of breath.

He glanced at me, sideways.

"I can't tell you yet."

"What do you mean you can't tell me? I'm uplifting my whole life for you,the least you could do is give me some answers," I demand, my anger rising once again.

"You'll get your answers, kitten. Put the claws away," He rolled his eyes, only making my cheeks grow hot with baffled fury.

"Stop. Calling. Me. Kitten!" I say, each word getting louder with frustration, as I stop running and stomp my foot petulantly like a child. Atticus stopped a second after me, eyeing my tantrum with lightly concealed amusement. He coughed, the ass most likely trying not to laugh at me.

"Listen, I know you're confused and probably a bit scared, not that your stubborn ass would admit it, but everything is gonna be fine. I'll explain as much as I can to you once we're safe, but right now, we are not safe at all," He warned, his tone serious and soothing. I looked at him, scanning his face which was now sincere and sweet. He was trying to help me,and he was right, whatever my pair got himself into, I had to stick by him. I nodded slowly.

"Ok, let's go," I murmured, temporarily pacified. We ran to where Atticus was hiding a car, not too far away. We started it and gunned it to the highway. Atticus slid on a cap and some sun glasses, in case he was recognized he said. I watched as the city disappeared, no idea where we were going or who my dominant really was.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, it's the author speaking! I'm really glad you gave my book a chance. I'm the kind of reader who always wants to know about the characters in the book, not the mind who created them. Oops. But if any of you are interested, my name is Bree. I'm 17 and in highschool, which is why my updates are not scheduled.

I love animals, and fiction. Fake boys are better than real ones. I'm a lover of the romantics, and have a soft spot for those dominant guys (All of the men mains in my books). I'm a strong believer in free will, and lack of judgement and I also love music. I have several books published to Wattpad, The Blind King, The Human in the Wolf Pack, Monarchy, Three days and Because Alpha Said So.