Twenty Two

Atticus's Pov

The look in her beautiful grey eyes was firm. I knew I couldn't force her to stay, and I also knew if I did she might never forgive me.

Ivory wasn't helpess, she was well trained and smart. Yes, she can make rash decesions, but I considered that part of her charm. She was also fiercely loyal and determined. Once she makes up her mind, she always sees it through. 

Before I could even attempt to stop her, she was gone. I cursed as the door slammed shut in a blink of an eye. I jerked forward, but growled in frustration. If I followed her, we'd definitely be caught. I was not only a criminal to the Exotasi, but my face was known throughout the general population too. I had to stay. I would only put her in more danger.

I pulled my hair, agitated. Dominants were created to protect, and having my recessive in danger was killing me. She should've at least took a camera...

"Are you guys there?" Benjamin's voice hissed. My eyes snapped back to ths screen. I grabbed my walkie talkie.

"I'm here. What's up?"

"Something is going on, and its not good," he said, his tone nervous.

"What do you mean?" My mind flashed to my little kitten. Was she alright?

"A world wide search just went out for your pair, and its not exactly saying she's a criminal."

"Spit it out," I snapped, my patience wearing thin.

"It says she's been kidnapped. By you. It even showed her aunt. There's a $500,000 reward."

I hissed, this was not good news.

"You guys need to leave. Now. What ever reason they want her, they want her bad."

"Well there's only one problem with that," I said, teeth gritted.

"She's not here."

______________________________________

Ivory's POV

I gaped at Blake, suddenly surprised.

"You....know who I am?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course. Its actually pretty unexpected that you know who I am, Ivory," He spoke, leaning against the far wall casually.

"You're my brother. You're supposed to be in some hole hidden in a hole being tortured by the Exotasi. Instead you're here, fine. Did you even care that I was out there?" I asked him, my tone empty, but the words accusatory.

"Of course I did, but I have a job. A job fighting the monsters you side with," His eyes, as stormy grey as mine, lighted with fury. I took a step forward at his challenge.

"I could say the same to you. Blake, they kill women and children! They rip families apart! They kill and blackmail to get what they want,"  I begged him to see reason, I begged him to be good.

"You've got it all wrong, Ivory. Your people are the ones who kill and destroy. They killed our parents, Ivory,"  He exclaimed, eyes, much like mine, alight with fury and pain.

I gasped and took a step back.

"No... You have it all wrong. The Sarama are the good guys. Trust me, Blake. The Exotasi killed my pair's parents, and our own."

"Then they must have been criminals or terrorists. The Exotasi work for our government, Ivory. The Sarama are a rebellion."

"Exactly! Don't you think it's unfair that Recessives have to rely on dominants? They're fighting for our rights," I pointed out, indignant.

"Recessives and dominants are supposed to rely on each other," Was all he said.

" I can't believe this..." I murmured, shocked.

"You're the only family I have and you're completely bat shit crazy!"

He gave me a hard look.

"The Sarama are anarchists. The Exotasi only do what they have to. Your people have attached government building, killing hundreds of people, Ivory! Don't you see? When our parents left, the Sarama were scared their dirty secrets weren't safe. Thats why they killed them. Thats why we were separated."

"Why, Blake? Why did the government take you, and I went to some supposed Aunt?"

"They saw potential in me, Ivory. I'm avenging our family."

"No, Blake, you're enabling their killers."

And that's when I grabbed a decorative vase and with lightening speed, struck him across the head. He yelped, his eyes rolling before he collapsed.

What the hell had I just done? 

I shook my head, no time. We gotta get out of here. I struggled to put Blake in a nearby rolly chair tucked into the conference table. Then with a quick breath, began rolling out.

I got a few weird looks, but I just acted as if I knew what I was doing. Once I got to the lobby, the secretary stood, eyes wide at the unconscious Mammon being rolled out the door.

"He fainted at the news. No time, our plane will be leaving soon. Thank you for your help!" I called hurriedly. I ducked my head as I rushed towards our rental, hoping to not get caught, hoping to not be stopped.

By some miracle, I captured my brother from an Exotasi government controlled building, and made it back to my pair, relatively safe.

"What the hell, Ivory," Atticus growled, helping me throw my brother into the car.

"Hey, there wasn't any time. He's been brain washed or something."

I heard some chuckling from the drivers seat and turned to glare at Benjamin. He coughed and then we sped away. How were we going to smuggle an Exotasi agent back to head quarters?