Ten

I woke up in bed with a sleeping giant wrapped around me. I stared at Atticus's face, mildly annoyed that he got his way, before my frustration melted away. It was funny, the way he looked while he was sleeping. He looked vulnerable, which was something I could never associate with Atticus. Even when he told the story of his parents' death, he had his walls up. The only time I've ever seen his careful facade truly unraveled, was when he branded me. I let myself enjoy his presense awhile longer before carefully unwrapping myself, and heading towards the bathroom for a much needed shower.

Once steam started permeating the small space, I got in the shower, appreciative of the way the hot water relaxed my tight muscles. I was singing soon, softly so I didn't wake Atticus.

"love me when you're ready, not when you're lonely. I don't know myself, so there's no way you know me. But if I hold you down, then you better hold me. But if I call your bluff, then you better fold me 'cause I can't risk it all for you if you don't see that I'm all for you," I hummed gently into the water. Then I heard the bathroom door open. I peaked out sheepishly to see Atyicus blearily undoing the cord tying up his sweat pants.

"Atticus!" I squeaked, eyes wide. He looked at me, dead panned.

"I'm trying to piss."

"I'm in here?"

"I know. Don't peak. Actually, you can if you want but that's on you," he smirked at me.

"I. Am. Naked," I ground out, clutching the shower curtain to my chest.

"Don't tempt me, Kitten. I'll join you," he smirked, letting his sweat pants drop. I quickly duck behind the shower curtain, face red. Attie laughed before finishing his business and flushing then leaving the bathroom. I finish quickly, not wanting anymore surprise visits. I find some clothes on the bed  in our shared room, and I throw them on in lightening speed. I wouldn't be surprised if Atticus came strolling in, unannounced, for a second time. I went back in the bathroom to brush my teeth, and I looked at myself skeptically. I've never been extremely confident. I am on the curvier side, and even though I tried constantly at the gym I worked at to slim down, this was just my body type.  I was wearing a pair of grey cloth leggings and a white, knitted sweater. The outfit was comfy and cute, which was the only thing I looked for in style.

I brushed my hair and teeth, no longer rushed now that I was decent, then went out to search for my pair. He was in the kitchen, drinking a cup of coffee, talking with a blonde haired demoness.

"Good morning, little bird," She smirked at me, in a very superior way that made me feel like maybe I had some tooth paste stuck to my face, or that there was something else  going on that was equally amusing to her royal highness, Carmen.

"Again, not my name, but good morning," I said briskly, going to stand besided Attie.

"Oh, you're no fun. Atticus, tell her to be more fun," Carmen pouted her pretty pink lips.

I was mildly surprised when I felt his mouth come in contact with the top of my head as he drew me closer, resting a hand on my hip.

"I believe that my little kitten isn't a morning person like you, Carmen," Attie chuckled. I rolled my eyes. Why do I have to be an animal? I'm a person, for crying out loud, not a cat or bird or fish or whatever.

"Is there anymore coffee?" I asked him, hopefully. Atticus nodded his tanned head, pointing his own mug to the counter. I went over, happily ready to make my fix. I soon realized that Atticus is one of those weird people who like coffee black, and had to shimmy around the kitchen in search of anything to put in it. I found some sugar, but unsurprisingly, he only had 2% milk in his fridge. I sighed longily after my vanilla soy milk creamer at home before settling on just sugar, and gulping the offending liquid down. After a moment, I sighed happily at the warm jolt it sent to my blood stream. Satisfied, I went back with Atticus and Carmen, who were leaning againt the wooden counter top.

"It's dangerous now, Atticus, are you sure you want that for her? Remember what happened to your parents-" Carmen was hissing, but cut herself off when she saw me behind Atticus. I knew that he sensed my presense before though, but he didn't let on any concern at me hearing their converion of hushed words.

"Kitten," He turned to me, a smile on his face, but a shadow in his beautiful, hazel eyes. "What do you say about a little training?"

__________________________________________________________________________________

The sharp feeling of my ass hitting the floor shot up my spine as I groaned, falling on to my back.

"You almost had it, Kitten. You just need to twist a little faster."  

I groan, already feeling the bruises making my skin ache and tighten.

"If you want to give up, I get it. Not everyone is strong enough," Carmen shrugged casually, unbruised. The only evidence of our spar was the light sheen of sweat glistening on her skin.

I slowly rose up, my body screaming in protest. I would not give in to Carmen. I'll go down unconscious before I let her get the best of me. I tried to remember what Atticus told me. I watched Carmen carefully and she did the same to me.  She was waiting for me to strike first, so that she could find an opening, but I knew better. At lightening speed she went forward, but I dogged to the side, kicking at her legs.  She fell, rolled and got back up on her feet in less than 4 second. I watched her carefully trying to see what she was planning through body language. I lunged this time,  but she landed a good kick to the ribs. I grunted but kept my attack,  bringing her to the ground. We wrestled till I finally got her by her pretty golden hair,  and she stopped moving. 

"That's enough!" Attie shouted from affair. I quickly rolled off, exhaustion taking over. I could see my pair strutting over with a grin.

"Looks like my kitten has claws after all, " he quipped, standing over me.

"Shut up," I wheezed. He laughed before grabbing me and helping me up.  He wrinkled his nose after a second.

"Shower time for you,  smelly. " He said sternly.

I punched his Arm before storming off to our apartment,  him laughing all the way.