Six

Atticus

Darkness plunged as the wind whipped against Ivory and I as we dropped. She clutched on to me tightly, her nails digging into my skin painfully as she screamed her head off. I laughed. I honestly couldn't help it. The ground was approaching quickly so I decided that I had had my fun, and soon we slowed to a hault, a foot away from the ground. Ivory had stopped screaming and now was breathing heavily before I let go of my hold on us and we plopped on the ground: me, on my feet, Ivory, on her ass. She looked at me, her big grey eyes, stunned. My laughter exploded out of me, and I couldn't make myself contain it. The look on her face was priceless!

She flushed, a color I had begun to associate with her own brand of fury. She stood, shoving me in a fit of rage. Of course, it didn't do anything but I stopped laughing anyway.

"You could've killed me, you asshole!" She shrieked, her small form shaking.

"Come on, Kitten, we've been over this. I would never hurt you," I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest. I was hoping the sight of my bulging biceps would deteriorate her anger, but unfortunately it only seemed to fuel it.

"You are the worst human being in existence, Atticus, and I hope you know that any feelings I may have developed for you are out the window. You are never allowed to touch me ever again!"

At that, my own anger peaked its ugly head.

"That's funny, Kitten," I chuckled darkly.

"I don't need your permission to claim what's mine."

Her face never faltered. It was hard and made from a beautiful marble: heavenly to look at, but impossible to see through.

"I may be yours, but I'll always belong to me," she said, her small head tilted stubbornly. I growled, unable to control the primal side of me, the dominant side, from grabbing a hold of her, crushing her to me. She melted in our arms, she couldn't help it. We are pairs, like two pieces of a puzzle: destined to be put together.

"Your soul is mine and mine is yours. Do not attempt to take what is mine again, Ivory," I state, leaving a wet kiss on her brand for good measure, sending her shivering in my arms. The fight seemed to leave her for now, as she took in our surroundings. I loosened my hold the tiniest bit so she could look around, but the dominant within me was not ready to let go.

"What is this place?" She asked in her beautiful, soothing voice, no longer hard with anger.

"A haven," a voice said, one that was not mine. We both turned, I a bit faster and saw the familiar form: Carmen.

Ivory

I watched as Atticus's face lit up as he laid eyes on the beautiful woman who seemed to slither out of the shadows.

"Carmen!" He exclaimed, a grin spreading largely. I felt my chest go sour as I crossed my arms. He strode over to her and they embraced. Wait, isn't Carmen almost a sister to him?

"Hey Moose, how was the trip?" She smiled up at him.

"It was good. I met my pair," he shrugged, like it was no biggie.

"Ooh, you mean the little bird behind you?" She asked, her bright blue eyes glancing at me momentarily.

I was baffled by the ease at which she made me feel insignificant. Carmen was beautiful, like one of those sirens that sing you to your death. In the light, I could see she had blonde hair and pretty blue eyes framed with naturally dark and long eyelashes.

Her cheek bones were carved perfectly and her skin was naturally sun kissed. Her figure was slim and instantly made me conscious of every curve on my body. Atticus chuckled good heartedly, like calling me small and a flying feather beast was endearing. I cleared my throat awkwardly.

"My name is Ivory, and even though I'd love to have one of your animal nicknames, I'm going to have to decline," I said, stepping up to hold my ground.

"Wow," she whistled. "Little bird has spunk."

Atticus laughs, tucking me into his side.

"Watch out, Carmen. My kitten has some sharp claws," he teased. I shook him off, annoyed.

"So this is why you dragged me hours away from home? To meet up in a hole in an abandoned construction site?" I asked, rubbing my arms against the chill down here. 

Carmen looked at Atticus, surprised.

"You haven't told her?"

"He hasn't told me anything," I interjected.

She started laughing. Actually laughing.

"Aren't you in for a treat," she cooed. "Your whole world is about to change little bird."

"Cut it out, Carmen," Atticus said sternly.  She instantly shut up, looking a bit surprised. I shifted uncomfortably and my pair's eyes looked towards me with their hazel gleam.

"Be honest with me, Atticus. Why are we here?" I said lowly. He looked away, averting his eyes.

"You'll find out soon enough. And Carmen is right, it will change your life."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry it was so short guys! I've been working really hard at my new job and my brain is fried. But what do you guys think? Tell me your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote, my lovelies. I love youuuuu