Fifteen

I looked at her as she rose, but I remained frozen.

"Who is that?" I whispered, nervous. She looked at me for a second.

"Don't be scared, Ivory. These people will tell you the truth, unlike your new friends."

I felt my heart clench. No way... she wouldn't. Before I could run, she threw open the door and I sat therr, stunned. The face on the other side was attempting to be masked, but I could see the true feelings raging in his eyes. He was pissed.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" Atticus started, storming into the small space. He towered more than usual, like his anger had inflated him. I was shocked.

"How are you here?" I asked, slowly standing up.

"The car has a tracker, Ivory. Why would you do this? When I specifically told you it wasn't safe." He was fuming, but my aunt's words were unforgettable. She had called somebody, and she had betrayed me.

"We have to leave," I said, rushing past him. That shut him up quick.

"Thats my line," He grumbled.

"She contacted somebody; I don't know how much time we have, " I urged him, hurrying towards the door.  My aunt shut it, breaking out of her shocked state and stood in front of it, a hard look on her face.

"No one is going anywhere."

I looked at her, not recognising the person in front of me.

"Aunt Clara, you don't understand.  They killed your only sister.  They're going to kill us," I begged her to see reason. She shook her head, her brown eyes hard.

"No,  Ivory. You're mother killed herself, and you will too if you stick around with people like him." She jabbed her finger at Attie.

Then, her eyes seemed to fog over.

"Move out of the way," Atticus said, his voice lilting, odd.  She did,  almost as if she was sleep walking. Atticus was using his powers.

"Forget that you ever saw us," He finished,  stepping forward and opening the door.  I gasped, seeing a group of people on the other side.

"Ah, Ivory Martin. How lovely to finally meet you," A pale man, between 25-30 stood in front, his red hair blazing against his white skin and a pair of unnerving black eyes looked like 2 holes in his face.

Atticus moved productively in front of me, a dangerous hiss coming out between his teeth.

"Oh! Is that Atticus Sanchez? We've been looking for you, you know. What a wonderful surprise!" He exclaimed merrily. He had a child like joy about him, but it seemed plastic or like a film, only coating the surface. I had the impression that whatever was beneath, wasn't half as merry.

Suddenly, Atticus's gun was in his hand, and was aimed directly for the stranger.

"You!" Atticus spat, a tone I'd never heard before in his voice.

"You killed my parents!"

I gasped, my stomach turning. Oh no...

"Careful Sanchez, my mind powers are just as good as yours are rumored to be. Shoot that bullet, it will end up in her head," He warned, a glint in his black eyes.

"Leave." Atticus said, his voice hypnotic. The people behind the red head seemed to hesitate, each of them a few seconds more than the last, until each of them were gone. The monster before us stayed though, a light sweat forming on his brow.

"You'll have to try harder than that to persuade me, Sanchez. I'm very powerful, you know. But I'm feeling generous. Give me the girl, and I'll let you run off, scotch free," he smiled, sweetly. It made me sick.

"I got myself into this, Attie. You should take the deal, " I mumbled softly to him. He shook his head,  barely perceptible unless under careful examination.

"Over my dead body," Atticus growled, as he seemed to grow in size. I'm glad I couldn't see his face, I'm sure I would be terrified, but the red head just grinned.

"That can be arranged."

Then, all the windows imploded, large glass shards rushing towards us. I screamed, but they didn't touch my pair and I, they moved past us and into a unprepared, red haired villian.

"Quick, run!" Atticus screamed, grabbing my arm and pulling me to the busted window. Without hesitation, he flew us over, and I was too scared to scream. The wind whipped around us, until it wasn't. We landed softly, then we ran like hell. Atticus had a car waiting, and he threw me in. I tried not to flinch at the sheer amount of force. A second later, the tires screeched in protest as we tore out of there.

"What about my car?" I asked him, glancing back in worry. I looked just in time to see it burst up in flames. The explosion was so intense that the doors flew right off the car, crashing against the pavement with an awful, metal crunching sound.

"Can't let any evidence trace back to us," Atticus mumbled darkly. He seemed to become more and more angry as the city faded from sight. I looked at him, nervous.

"I didn't mean to cause so much trouble..." I said apologetically.

"But You did."

"I just wanted answers."

"You put others and yourself in danger. People could have died, because you wanted answers, Ivory. It doesn't matter, no answer is ever going to bring them back! So next time you decide to go on a suicide mission, think of some body other than yourself!" Atticus screamed, his hazel eyes on me, hard like topaz.

I felt the air get sucked out of me and my eyes burned. I will not cry. I will not cry. I looked away from him and out the window, letting out a shaky breath. His words hurt more than I thought possible, and I couldn't stop the few tears that decided to escape. The rest of the ride was silent.