6

If you end up liking this chapter kindly consider giving it a vote! Enjoy, and leave a comment to let me know what you think! Make sure to follow me if you want to receive updates and be the first one to read my new chapters!

Check out my new story 'Arcade'! Taehyung and Y/N both lose someone special in their lives, causing them to be drawn to each other. However, they might end up playing a rather dangerous game...

***

Taehyung POV

I didn't sleep much last night. Practice was a nightmare and the tension was thick. Kai kept sending me glares and he wasn't the only one. The team seemed to be pretty divided when it came down to it, half of the boys not even saying goodbye after we were done.

Jungkook, Jimin, Namjoon and Hoseok told me it was going to be fine and they just probably would have wanted Jennie for themselves, but the words Kai spoke kept lingering in my head all night.

I was walking in and getting ready for my first period. I spotted Hoseok and approached him, but I couldn't help but notice some glares on me. It was Kai and some of my other teammates. I just ignored it and looked ahead, trying not to be bothered. But I was.

"Morning Taehyung!" Hobi said, instantly cheering me up. This guy has the gift to make a smile appear on anyone's face, he's precious.

"You look terrible" He stated. Yep, the smile was gone now.

"Yeah, rough night" I explained.

"Is it because of what happened last night?" he asked to which I nodded.

"Don't be bothered by it, I don't get what their deal is anyways! We are supposed to be brothers, that means we support each other, not bash each other like that!" He stated in frustration. I saw him glare at Kai but quickly grabbed his attention.

"Don't worry about it, it's not a big deal" I reassured him but he didn't seem convinced.

"Not a big deal? He is literary hating on you for breaking up with a witch! He should be celebrating like me" Jungkook stated, appearing next to me.

"I mean, yes it will harm your status, seeing that people hate the way you treated her insecurities, but it was your choice right?" Namjoon said butting in, probably with the best intentions but unfortunately he doesn't realise that that's exactly what makes me feel like shit.

I sighed, already getting tired of the drama. I thought I would be free now, liberated from the pressure of this relationship. But apparently, it's all everyone can talk about and nearly everyone seems to disagree with my choice. The first period hasn't even started but I already feel exhausted.

***

After the toxic environment I was in just a few minutes ago, I decided I need some fresh air. I walked up to the gardens and sat down on my bench, sighing.

I made the decision I wanted to make and broke up with Jennie, but why does it feel like I did something wrong? Yes, I should have treated her better and her insecurities, but I talked to Jennie about this. She seemed to forgive me and was mutual about breaking up, then why is everyone else mad at me?

I put my head in the palms of my hands and sigh once again for what feels like the hundredth time today. I'm such a mess.

I came to this university because of a scholarship, I came to play soccer and learn. I came to become better at my passion. But all I've found is drama, pressure and sadness. I feel like I completely lost myself in chasing what I thought was important, but was it important for me or for everyone else?