Percy snickers to my surprise, "Me too, but my Father really likes her, and we have good connections with her family, so she is a major option. I just wish I could choose soley for love and not have other factors play in." He sighs, "I word vomit when I am around you all the time, I was not supposed to tell you that. Though I trust you, and I constantly feel like I can talk to you about anything."

"It seems we both have factors weighing us down, don't we?" I then tease, "Word vomit all you want, then I'll get to your darkest secrets and win this Saturday."

He lightly shoves me, "You underestimate my power, Wise Girl."

I open my mouth in fake shock, "You dare shove a lady?"

"I wouldn't call you a lady," He says before running through the garden doors.

"Oh no you don't, you can't get away with saying that!" I yell, half laughing, sprinting after him. "No fair, these heels slow me down!"

"You just can't admit I am a fast runner than you," He calls over his shoulder, weaving through the flowers. In the distance I see the royals and higher choice selection girls playing a game of crocket, but I don't care. I flick my shoes off to the side and take off in bare feet.

"You underestimate my power, Seaweed Brain."

I chase him through the field, and he stops panting. I run smack into him, and we both tumble to the ground laughing. When I roll over him, my chest pressed to his, I look up to see Drew and the King glaring daggers at me. "Hey, look down here," He says softly. "Don't worry about them, they are just jealous I have the most intelligent and loving girl in my arms right now. Not to mention breathtaking beautiful."

I look into his smiling sea green eyes and feel happiness explode within me. This boy has become my everything, and yet my destroyer. The knowledge of my true reason here crumbles me, but his smile somehow allows the sunshine in even if it's just for a minute.

I groan, rolling off of him. A daisy waves in the wind between us and he intertwines our hands. "What I love about you is how effortless everything is. I don't have to be someone I am not or fill a high expectation. I don't have to be Crown Prince Percy; I can just be Percy."

I watch clouds immerse into one another and fall apart. "Or Seaweed Brain, or Kelp Head, or Fish Boy, or – "

"Okay, okay, I get it," He laughs.

"Oh! Do you know what I really want to do with you?"

"What?" He turns his head.

"I want to do a skin care routine with you, because honey, I can tell you don't wash your face often."

He looks at me in amused surprise, "You dare insult a prince?"

"I wouldn't call you a prince," I yell, rolling away before stumbling to get off the ground.

I hear him shout after me and I begin running. Looking behind me, I see him laughing as he gets off the ground to chase me. I look forward to seeing myself almost running into Queen Sally. "Sorry!" I say sheepishly, before continuing my sprint through the middle of their crocket game. I hear Drew call out to Percy, and I look back to see him almost trip over her ball. But he keeps his eyes straight on me, a full grin on his adoring face.

I finally reach the clearing after swerving around all the guests and run into Elise. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, Your Highness," I say out of breath.

She laughs, "It's quite alright." Eyes meeting the frantically running person around officials trying to talk to him, she grins. Taking my hand, I am then pulled into another sprint. We run into the palace once more and I am pulled into a sewing room. "He'll never come looking for you here."

"How do you know?" I ask.

She smirks, "Because my brother really likes you and I hear all about your personality and how you are not like court ladies he usually encounters. He's been surprised with a few more here too and has made some really great connections." My heart dips hearing that. Princess Elise waves her hand, "Anyway, he knows you aren't much of a fashion person."

"He is right to an extent. I actually really love dressing up in these dresses and going to the ball in gowns. Just not every day," I laugh.

She studies me for a moment. "Is it hard?"

"Pardon?"

"Having to know you are only here as his protector and not a true girl he can marry? I mean you must be growing closer with him every day and knowing it'll all go away? Do you wonder what he'll think or do when he discovers you're a spy, an eight and has been lying to him the entire time?"

A lump in my throat forms but I push it away. "I haven't been lying to him about everything, just my identity in terms of a spy. But yes, it's really hard. Painfully hard the longer I get to know him."

She grasps my hand. "I am truly sorry. But one secret, my mother was never supposed to marry my father. She was just a maid in the palace, but they covered it up by saying she was a girl in the selection who also went by Sally. Don't give up on your situation."

I purse my lips, "But she was never sworn to the law or to protect him at all costs. I have to go, thank you for showing me this place. I will definitely be coming here for more hiding spots."

She nods and I make my way toward the door. Before I open it fully she calls out, "Annabeth?"

"Mmmhmm?"

"The royal court. It's all mind games." 

OOoooooooo 

* NEXT CHAPTER COMING THIS FRIDAY * and for those who read Survivor, same thing applies :) 

I am sorry for such a long wait! But more is coming for this story and I love writing it! Also going to theatre comp today! Byeeeeeee

Have a great day/night wherever you are! - The Fangirl