37. •Δ Together Forever Δ•

High School Musical 2 - Gotta Go My Own Way

I've got to move on and be who I am...
I just don't belong here...
I hope you understand...
We might find a place in this world someday...

That same night , When I got home , Arianna was not there

That same night , When I got home , Arianna was not there. Looking at things around me, I don't think she has came home. I went to Jennifer's place but she wasn't there. Jenny got worried about her but I assured her that she will be in the cafe doing orientation .But Arianna wasn't there .

I immediately understood where she could have gone.So I went to the graveyard ,fresh flowers were on top of her parent's grave. I found her sitting on a bench in front of the Finley's grave. Arianna was sitting there ,legs pressed to her chest and her chin propped on top of her knees. She was lightly rocking back and forth looking into oblivion. I sat beside her and she halted. She peered at me through her long beautiful lashes ,they were wet from her tears.

"They told me ,they lived beautiful life , Axel. I thrived to have a life my parent had. I want the life the Finley's had too... But every time we start , something keeps pulling us back." Her chin trembled as she talked.

"And we will. They won't bother us again. I took care of it ." I whispered . The wind picked up and Arianna shivered. I pull her in my lap and covered her cold body with my jacket .

"You will ... I know you will. This is the problem with me , Axel. There is always someone who takes care of me. I have done nothing on my own there is always someone ... My whole life, I thought of myself as Cinderella. A Cinderella without a godmother. I was so indulged in self pity, I didn't see the signs. My parents took care of me ... Finleys took care of me ... And now you are. Where is ... Where is Arianna . Who am I..." She sobbed ,blanching down ,somehow making her body look even more smaller .

"Arianna , Why are you saying this . You have done it all on your own ." I say harshly. I couldn't hide my irritation like I should have .

She narrowed her bloodshot eyes at me "But I haven't. I got the cafe , Privilege. I got the recipes ,Privilege. I own that big ass property in Manhattan , Privilege. I have done nothing to earn it , Axel. Nothing. I wan to earn it. I want to be worthy of the treasures I have passed on to ...I want to earn it." I know ,I won't like what's coming next. But I will do it. If that makes her happy .