7. •Δ How I Dug ,My Own Grave Δ•

Taylor Swift - Call It What You Want

My castle crumbled overnight

I brought a knife to a gunfight

They took the crown, but it's alright

All the liars are calling me one

My mom is out shopping with Arianna, again

My mom is out shopping with Arianna, again. I had already overshared by telling her how much I love my mom. The emotion behind was to make sure Arianna doesn't bring the contract marriage in front of her. But now I fear she might try to take advantage of my vulnerability. When mom called yesterday, I took a breath of relief but it soon came in heavy pants, since they are again meeting today. Arianna could be greedy like her parents but something tells me she won't be a good liar. So, I begged mom not to ask her any questions about our relationship. I hated lying to her, yet I told her that If she asks her too many questions, Arianna might start second-guessing her decision to marry me.

Yesterday, I had scheduled back-to-back meetings to take things off of my mind. But I have already done doing my work today. So, I decided to meet my best friend Ranveer Ahuja. He was not in town when all this happened. And we have a lot to catch up on now. So that's why I am sitting in his office to tell him that his best friend is engaged and set to marry in 8 days.

"Wait. .wait. .wait... So your father and your evil stepbrother came to offer you an arranged marriage and you just agreed." Ranveer asked for the third time, raking hands over his long wavy black hair that reaches his shoulder.

"First of all, he is not evil..." Ranveer rolled his eyes "...and yes, I don't trust him but evil. That's immature Ranveer. And I did not just agree, we had a discussion. Then we came to an agreement." I lie.

"So basically you whined a little and then agreed to everything. And why isn't Liam doing anything about it? I'm sure he had tried to get the girl and the company." He raised a brow his dark brown eyes squinting in suspicions, voicing my own. Arianna is beautiful and Liam wants everything beautiful and the things I want. When he came to my office with dad, he didn't look defeated. In fact, he was happy. Which is peculiar for him. He gets what he wants and instead of cherishing them, Liam sets his eyes on his next conquest. Be it a woman or deal. It's the same for him.

Ranveer here has his own reasons to hate him. We both didn't like Liam for his aggressive competition. I joined the company early because I was afraid Liam might actually take things from me. Then Ranveer also joined as an intern to keep me company. During that time he grew close to Sarah our another intern, but later she started giving him cold shoulder. Apparently, Liam had started to take interest in Sarah too, only to dump her later. We all know it was done to piss Ranveer off. But he stayed in the company and after graduating, he joined his father's company, the Ahuja industries.