10. •Δ Surprise Visitor Δ•

Miss Independent - Ne-Yo

Oh is something about,  Kinda woman that wants you but don't need you

Hey, I can't figure it out

Is something about her 'cause she walk like a boss

 Talk like a boss  Manicure nails just sent the pedicure off 

It's been 2 days since I last met Axel. And I can't help but feel alone, the only time we communicated was the first time we met and the other time in the car but the connection we felt just by looking at each other at the mall. As If we could see through each other's soul was the thing that kept me awake all night.

To take things off of my mind I decided to keep my cafe open for extra time. I know the moment I will step in my place, my thoughts will lead me back to him. Jennifer is busy with her situation at home and to be honest, I already feel bad to talk her ear off about my problems. Until a week ago, we were both single, crushing on guys we see on TV. I really hope she finds someone soon, a relationship that isn't as complicated as mine.

Two hours later, I waved my last customer goodbye. I guess she is working on some sort of comic book and just needed some quiet place to work on it. Though it wasn't a big pat on my ego that my cafe served the purpose, but it was okay since no one here expects it to still run at this hour. As soon as she left my palms began to feel clammy in fear. This is the first time I am alone in my cafe at this hour. I always have customers around, at least my surroundings are safe thanks to Mr. Finley who made this area free of all the crimes and his successors maintained the peace.

I sighed in resignation and slumped on the chair I was wiping. My mind drifted off to Axel even while thinking about Mr. Finley. I was so embarrassed over the dead streetlight when Axel came to drop me off. He looked so spooked like someone would steal his car or jump on him maybe. I called Mr. Finley to help me with it as the department of transportation had been dodging my requests for weeks. Mr. Finley gave an earful to them for their ignorance, then to me for not reaching out to him sooner.

The street is now lit with the brand new led illuminating the street, even the cracks under the pavements look aesthetic. Yet, the fear. I get startled by little things at night, It's not only the dread of having burglars around. I'm also scared of ghosts.

As I finally step out of the cafe and lock the door. I felt a presence behind me but I remained calm. Just when the footsteps came closer, I swung my right hand and smacked him. I turned to see the aggressor whose body was halfway tilted to his left, holding his neck. I meant to hurt his face but my hook wasn't perfect. Before I could make a run, he turned to me still holding the side of his neck. And I gasp in shock.