19. •Δ B!rthday & Surpr!ses Δ•

Kaise Hua  - Vishal  Mishra

Kaise Hua - Vishal Mishra

Kya haal ho gaya hai ye mera

Aankhein meri har jagah

Dhoondhe tujhe bewajah

Ye main hoon ya koi aur hai meri tarah

It's Friday and tomorrow is Jennifer's birthday

It's Friday and tomorrow is Jennifer's birthday. I am spending my day with Axel in his office. He is working overtime, so we could celebrate tomorrow. At first, I wasn't really sure about asking Axel to join, since he's actually not familiar with her. But since Ranveer is involved, I had to rearrange a few things. They asked me if they could help with the arrangements but I have already planned everything months before, but adding Axel and Ranveer to the mixture had worked out in the best way possible. My plans for Jennifer's birthday are more improvised now.

Before coming here, Axel warned me his evil brother might show up and try to pee on my parade. But to both of our surprise, he was not here. Axel even called in to know of his whereabouts. Liam is not in the office. To prove his point further. Axel checked if he has completed his duties, that was also done. Axel was acting like a kid who couldn't prove to his teacher that his pet dog ate his homework. I wanted to say that I believed him and that Liam also gives me the creeps. But that would add fuel to the fire.

"Stop it now, Axel. Liam is a jerk face. If You want me to write it 10 times in a paper, I'll do it too." I say. Axel raked his fingers through his hair, nearly tugging it.

"It's not that..." He sighed, going towards the window "growing up, no one ever believed me. Until he did something to prove my statement right. But the realization always came late..." he said, looking out at the city view now.

My heart clenched hearing the defeat in his voice. I pictured him as a little kid, trying to make people believe he was not at fault and they believing the lie Liam has sold. I step in front of Axel, intruding on his private space. I palm his cheek and look directly into his eyes.

"I know firsthand what it's like to be misunderstood. When nobody believes in you. And your sibling exploiting the privilege. But that's not why I'm saying this. You're my husband..." I cup his cheeks and make him look into my eyes when he averted his gaze. "...My duty and responsibility are to you. When you ask me to believe you, I believe you." his lips parted in surprise, my eyes zeroed in on them. Before I could contemplate making the first move, he crushed his lips to mine.