6. •Δ My Momma Δ•

S Club 7 - Never Had A Dream Come True

Everybody's got something

They had to leave behind

One regret from yesterday

That just seems to grow with time

"How can you bounce your legs standing

"How can you bounce your legs standing.?" Jenny demands, whipping the towel with a loud swoosh on the table, right next to where my hand is resting leisurely, nearly hitting it. As her other hand came on top of my thighs to stop the constant tap with force after she had politely asked me to stop it at least 10 times since this morning and last night when we were in my apartment watching movies.

"Remove that hand and I'll show you how." I speak in a honeyed voice, walking back to the chair in front of the billing computer. I had cleared all the procrastinated work since Axel came 4 days ago. I couldn't cook properly, the pride of saying things as I can bake in my half-asleep state was proven wrong. I messed up the first batch of cookies. So I remained away from it but last night I got a call.

Elizabeth Knight Axel's stepmother, whom he loves like his own called me. She had taken care of everything in the past few days. Her tone suggested that she hadn't had any help from my parent's side as her exact words were.

"I guess Marion had at least done the dress shopping for a wedding gown." She spoke about my mother.

It was actually very embarrassing to tell her that we haven't as I took the blame for being busy with my cafe. Even if she had bought the excuse, I totally busted when I agreed to go with her this afternoon. I couldn't hear any judgment in her voice, from the pictures on the internet she appeared to be a kind woman at first glance and the lack of judgment in her voice confirmed it. Unlike my mother, she asked me, If I was okay with the plan. It was unusual for me to feel wanted like I mean something. Apart from being nervous to impress my future mother-in-law, I dreaded the call back from my mother. After trying a few times, I texted her that Axel and my meeting went well. It was as discreet I could go in a text, in case someone tried to snoop in my personnel life.

But mother shocked me with her own, did she think I would mess up with Axel and we will not get married. She doesn't even know any proper details about the wedding, because she thinks we have 6 days left for the wedding but it's actually 9 days. It was confusing and had me flip my lid the whole morning until Elizabeth called last night. And just like that, my focus turned. This might not be my chance in love but I will be receiving the motherly love.

Since It is my wedding gown It will be appropriate If my sister and Mom also joined. So I called her again but mother said, NO. Just like that and then she cut the call. Today, I called her again and she sounded calmer as she asked me to give Elizabeth some excuse, which is crazy. Sooner or later Elizabeth will find out that we are a bunch of lunatics.