5. •Δ The Deal Δ•

Ann Marr – Bullet

You won't show what I won't show

Do you know what you're doing to me?

And I take another step

Do you know what you do to me?

"Sooo..." She prolongs again, wanting me to talk. Which is the right thing to do. But I am nervous like I am to ask her to give me her firstborn. This could be the case If we were getting married for real. Fuck, I'm babbling now. Clearing my throat, I sit up straight dropping my hands I have been using to hide the small mole on the right side of my face, right next to my nose that she has been eyeing without blinking.

"About the wedding. Yeah... Our parents will take care of the arrangements..." She quirks her perfectly arched brow leaning back in her chair, as though she didn't give a damn If we got married on Staten island. Real or not, don't girls love being part of these things. Her place is a prime example of that. I take a sip of my coffee, it tasted like ashes in my mouth now.

"I was not looking to settle down. At least not before 30. But I couldn't decline the offer..." I bite my tongue, choosing the wrong term.
"But I wanted to hear from you, Are you ready for this, or is there is some kind of pressure on you. I mean, you're just 20. Your sister is 27 but your parents said she is 2 years older than me, and It won't be a good match." I say scratching the back of my neck, I will die before agreeing to marry her sister.

She looked lost for a second. "Arianna...???" I ask in concern, leaning forward to gauge her expression. Could she be under duress? If so, I want to help her.

"Ohhh, no. There is no pressure on me. And I also have my reasons." She assured, shrugging her shoulder, giving me a smile in assurance but it was fake. I could feel it in my bones.

"Okay then. So we will be going by the story that we were together for a year, hiding our relationship because of our parent's rivalry. As soon as they found out, they decided to get us married and also merge the business. The business part is their problem. You don't have to answer them." She opened her mouth to cross me, obviously angry that I was trying to keep her out of the business because she is a woman.
"Not like that. I mean, we have to behave like their blessing is all that matters to us and we don't know or care if they merged their business." She gave me a sly nod, not completely happy with my answer, so I continued.

"We are supposed to be together for 5 years. Since the merger contract also states that we work together for our upcoming projects, which we haven't received yet..." I supply further, her lips quirked in an almost smile as I spoke to her about the business.
"And we will get them. I will make sure it happens. But, my plan is to separate after one year..." Her face lit up at that, giving me the courage to speak further.