Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"I need a lift. I'm following my boyfriend. Meet me in the parking fast."

I hung up and walked out and thankfully saw Ronin barking orders at someone at a distance. I hid behind the wall as he whipped around.

I saw Ben waving at me like crazy but I gave him a dead look and he started dancing to avoid suspicion. Man, I need new normal friends.

"Okay, dirty dancer let's go. That's him on the bike. Follow him."

I adjusted his car seat and stooped low to avoid getting caught.

"Why exactly am I doing this?"

I looked at Ben and threw him a disgusted look. How dare he ask me that?

"Because you owe me after that disastrous date experience."

"I'm going to crash this car if you brought that up to one more time. I will call Ronin and inform him of what you are trying to pull here. The guy is scary and I still don't know how you too co-exist and I bet he wouldn't like to be followed by his girlfriend."

I hit him hard on his chest. He almost totalled the car into a pole but got on track soon.

"Once a jerk, always a jerk."

"Shut up. Where the hell is this guy going?"

"I might have an idea"

"You need to trust your man, woman. Don't become a clingy girlfriend who is always stalking their partners.

Ben is never serious and hearing him talk like that made me consider his words. It's not like I don't trust him. It's just that I'm a curious cat.

"Stop right here. Okay, thanks for the ride."

"Whoa, what is this place? Looks like a palace."

He stuck his head out of the window but I shoved it back inside.

"Go now."

I am a small girl but it might difficult to sneak inside with so much security. I looked around for a small stone and found one. I threw it at the car across from me and it hit the car with a bang and it started making sounds. The distraction was enough to get the guards alerted and they opened the doors to check it out. I slipped in and hid behind the bush. I smiled so wide not really believing I entered the mafia house without getting caught.

"uh-hmm"

"Oh shit."

The next thing I know a large burly man is carrying me with one arm to a room. He put one hand on my mouth preventing me from shouting. As I was about to bit him, he locked me inside it. There was a man sitting on a king size bed resembling Ronin.

"Mr. Ronin?"

I asked him nervously and in response, I received a low chuckle. The room was huge and there was a mirror separating it from the living room where I could see Ronin. I ran over and banged on it but he didn't even look my way.

"Are you Chey? The girl who has my boy wrapped around her fingers?"

He offered me a small teasing smile and I couldn't believe that this lively man is Ronin's father.

"I don't know about that. You don't look kidnapped to me? I mean sure you are locked in this amazing room but you don't look so bad."

"Ah, if you are captured and put in a golden cage ..it doesn't mean you are not in a cage anymore."

He talked so wisely and with an accent that is missing in Ronin. I wonder where he gets it from.

Then I saw her, the ice queen was wrapped in a white fur coat from head to toe. She walked over to Ronin and my jaw dropped after noticing her full outfit. The woman was in a silver-glittery leotard, with her hair gelled back behind her back, not a hair out of place, sporting a burn to hell red lipstick and her long toned legs seemed never-ending in those silver spiked boots ending a little above her ankles supported by an at least 6-inch heels.

If this is what you look like after becoming mafia, count me the fucking-in. The woman can put any Victoria Secret model to shame. I'm might turn gay for her and have my luck with her. I've read stories where the girlfriend falls in love with her boyfriend's parents.

"You are drooling."

I look at the man who has the honour to be married to this woman and I, for the love of God cannot believe why he would ever run away from her.

"How can you not? She is like your own Beyonce. What is wrong with you?"

"I see. You are blown away by her beauty too. I was fooled once too till I found a man dead in my kitchen and his blood on her hands and my six-year-old son standing there frozen. You can imagine her "beauty" was no longer appealing to me. All I saw was a monster who killed a man in front of our child."

"Oh my god. Poor Ronin. Why are you still married to her?"

"She is powerful and according to her, no one leaves her at dust. Some part of my heart still beats for her but my mind can never be at peace around her. Sometimes you have to go with your mind and not your heart."

"Ronin is not like her."

"I know. I raised him to be a man who could easily take down his mother and her people but has a heart gentle enough to love too."

I smiled at the man letting him know how much I appreciate it. The door opened and a man very very familiar to me is thrown inside.

"Ben, what the actual hell?"

Read chapter 25 on Inkitt now