Kindness

Y/n P.O.V:

Currently I was walking inside a recently saved village, checking if everything was alright and if everybody was being taken care of. Ever since the Night Sentinals was founded, more and more Humans have joint our couse. Usualy these were people who had nothing left to lose because there village got caught in the crossfire and saw this as either there best option to survive or to get back at the Factions. As I walk past a allyway, I see a little girl about 6 years old curled up against a building. She has half pink and half brown, with white streaks on the pink side hair and wears ragged clothing. I notice that nobody pays here any atention and ignores her while she looks like she's starving. I walk towards her, stand infront of her and kneel down. As I do the girl glances at me before quickly hiding her face in her knees.

Y/n: "Hey there. Are you okey?"

The girl doesn't look at me and tries to bury her face in her knees even more.

???: "Why are you talking to her Slayer?" A voice suddenly says behind me.

I turn around to look at the source of the voice. I see a middle-aged woman with blond hair and green eyes. She wears 10th century clothing and holds a basked with bread.

???: "She is a abomination" She says with a hint of venom in her voice,

Y/n: "I'm sorry?"

???: "Look at her. Her hair is three different colors, her eyes are different and she doesn't talk. She must be send by the Devils to spy on us!"

As she says this, I hear the girl begin to make a loud wheezing sound. As I turn around I can see that she's crying.

Y/n: "So you think that she has been send by the Devils because she looks different?"

???: "Yes, ofcourse. What else could it possibly be?!"

Y/n: "Heterochromia iridum"

???: "Hatero what?"

Y/n: " Heterochromia iridum. It's a difference in colleration. Usually it's in the iris but can also be in the hair or skin. It's something that's rare in Humans but it can happen" I say while wiping the girls tears away.

The woman looks at me with wide eyes before looking at the girl. Realising her mistake, she quickly rummages through her basked before pulling out some bread.

???: "I'm uhh.... sorry. Please accept this as my apologie" she says with embarrasment while handing her the bread.

The girl looks at it reluctandly before accepting the bread and beginning to eat it. As she does the woman quickly walks away. As I watch her leave I feel a little tap against my arm. I turn towards the girl to see her holding out a piece of the bread towards me.

Y/n: "No thank you. You need it more than I do" I say as I gently push her hand with the bread towards her.

She however doesn't take no for a answer and pushes her hand towards me more.

Y/n: "Your not taking no for a answer are you?" I say amused.

The girl shakes her head and practically shoves the bread into my face. I back away a bit and take the bread. As I do the girl continues to eat her own bread. I go to sit beside her and begin to eat the piece of bread.

Y/n: "So, where are your parents?"

At this the girl seems to almost cry again, before quickly recomposing herself and shaking her head sideways.

Y/n: "You don't have any?"

The girl shakes her head up and down.

Y/n: "Can you talk?"

The girl again shakes her head sideways.

Y/n: 'She probably is mute' "Can you write?

The girl shakes her head sideways again.

Y/n: "My name is Y/n. Do you have a name?"

Shakes her head sideways.

Y/n: "Would you like me to give you a name?"

The girl looks at me wide-eyed before frantically shaking her head up and down.

Y/n: "Okey then. Let me think...... How about Neapolitan or Neo for short"

The girl thinks to herself for a bit before shaking her head up and down.

Y/n: "Okey then Neo. Another question. If you don't have parents and no home, would you like to live with me?"

She again looks at me with wide eyes before franticaly shaking her head up and down while crying and hugging me. I gently pat her head. As she let's go I stand up and stretch my hand out towards her. She grabs my hand and tries to pull herself up before beginning to fall backwards  do to the lack of strength. She closes her eyes preparing to hit the ground. I simply hold her hand making her not fall.

Neo P.O.V:

Neo: 'I can't even stand on my own. He'll probably leave me here because I'm to weak'

As I open my eyes again I see him stare at me with a gentle smile.

Y/n: "You okey? Can you walk?" He asks with concern.

Neo: 'I must show him I can walk. Otherwise he'll  just leave me'

I try to make another step before collapsing in the mud. I begin to cry, realising he'll leave me behind because I can't even walk. I suddenly feel two arms wrap around me and lifting me up. As I open my eyes I see that Y/n has put me against his shoulder while facing towards his back.

Y/n: "Don't worry. I got you" He says with gentle voice.

I simply hug him and bury my face in his neck while crying, not wanting to let go. Fearing that if I do, He'll disappear. I can also slowly feel myself falling asleep and let out a little yawn.

Y/n: "How about you get some sleep. You sound tired" He says with a gentle and sweet voice while I can feel myself falling asleep.