28. •Δ Inheritance Δ•

Start from the beginning

"I know why. For the future purpose, like the one when he convinced me to marry you to get the ownership." I cut him off.

"He did that to you?" Matthew asked me. He and Axel exchanged a dark look I couldn't understand. It was Axel who spoke up.

"Yes, dad. I called a lawyer who was helping with a previous case. He called last night. He talked to Brandon to hand over the papers and compensation. He was sure Brandon was going to give in. This article must be about something else." Axel said. If I recall the history of Brandon's business deals, It's not actually a surprise that someone finally called him out on that.

 If I recall the history of Brandon's business deals, It's not actually a surprise that someone finally called him out on that

Dad drove us to Bell's mansion. Whilst I sit in the back seat with Arianna. She is resting her head on my lap and I am stroking her hair. I lean down and kiss her temple. "Calm down, sweetheart. We are with you." I murmured against her skin. She nodded her head as another set of tears roll down her cheeks.

All of us are quiet, but there is a rage burning inside us. That man wronged his sister, the one who is no more. He should have taken care of Arianna. How could he live with himself? When we reached the mansion, a small moving truck was parked in the driveway. Extra security was planted in every corner.

"Don't do this, Marion. You know I love you..." Brandon Bell pleaded with his wife, In the presence of all their staff. If I wasn't in this situation, I would have burst into a peal of laughter.

"Stop behaving like a pu...." Marion stopped mid-sentence. Her face lit up with mischief when she spotted us.

"Just the people I wanted to see. Come on in. We are just getting started..." Marion purred. Jessica was standing by her side. For a change, she is not looking at me like she wants to jump on my bones.

Before we could say anything, Arianna ran toward Brandon. "Why... Why did you do it?" She started hitting his chest. I grabbed her wrist and pull her back to me. The kind of man Brandon is. He might retaliate and hit her back.

"Why what, exactly? My ex-husband is so many things. I lost track." Marion said, pushing her lower lip out like an adolescent. I really want to slap her right now.

"What is happening in here, Marion?" My father demanded of her.

"Nothing Matt. I am just cutting the dead weight loose, I have been carrying for years..." she said, looking at him.

Matt? Is she serious? No one calls my father, Matt. That woman is insane. If she thinks my father would look her way, now that she is getting a divorce, "... Speaking of dead weight, what brings you here, Arianna darling." She cooed.

That's it. I am going to ask mom to slap Marion on my behalf.

"Can we do this inside?" Said Brandon, fleeting his glance at the staff and movers shamelessly watching the soap opera. Thankfully, Marion agreed. Knights are not like her who would discuss family disputes in front of the world.