A PROMISE OF TOGETHERNESS

Alrick can you please take care of hope. I am just coming from office, Mr. Smith want some files and he said it's quite urgent some client have visited the office. After hearing yes from him. I went outside, took my car and hit the road. 

Once I reached office I parked my car and went inside the building. I called my manager so that he can take the file and I can go back home to hope as this is the only day I can spend with her. But to my dismay he was already in meeting with the client so I need to go to the office and give it to him. I went inside the lift and press the office floor and once I reach I start looking for him. Whole office was empty as it was a holiday however I was getting voice from the 2nd conference room so I went their. I knock on the door so that he can come and take the file although what I hear was "come in jen".I wanted to leave but now I have to attend the meeting.

I didn't said anything and went inside the room. I went directly to Mr. Smith and hand him over the file and then I turn around to leave. Before I could take 1 more step I heard Mr. Smith voice and he was asking me to stay and explain as the file was prepared by me. I was getting furious but I didn't have much choice. Without wasting any more time I just gave my introduction and explain them the full concept of the topic which was mentioned clearly in the file. As I observe the environment, I saw their were 2 people, 1 was looking down and writing something and other one was looking at me with a questionable look. I don't know whether I was doing good or just blabbering because I was not prepared. Once I was done  I said thank you and sat down on my seat. Once the meeting was done I ask Mr. Smith can I leave and when he said okay I start going outside when I heard his voice again. When I turn towards him he said "I am so sorry I forget to introduce you to your new clients. Come here". 

Mr. Smith-Jen meet Mr. Will and Mr. Harry from stella corporation.

Jen- Hearing stella corporation and harry name I look up to the person standing in front of me. In all his glory harry was standing their looking down. I try to control my emotion and raised my hand to shake with them. First I greet will and when I turn to harry a small tear escape my eyes and when I looked at him he was too fighting his emotions. I said hi and introduce myself, once I was done I excused myself and went outside.

I was crying once I was outside office premises. I was not crying because I loved him, that was the past. I am in complete love with Alrick and we have a daughter "Hope", we are married for 2 year and I got pregnant after 1 year of marriage. But I was crying because I saw my bestfriend after approx 3 year. I have missed him so much but never had a courage to call him. I was in the mid of my emotion outburst when I heard my cellphone ringing. I took it out and find alrick calling. I answered when I thought my voice will be normal. I told him I got stuck in the meeting and I am just coming and by saying that I hung up the call.

I went inside the office, use washroom, clean my face and then made my way towards the elevator. When I reach ground floor I exit from the elevator. But what I saw in front of me made me angry as well as happy. I saw harry standing their alone. When he saw me he didn't made any movement to come after me although I know he just waited here for me. He just kept a letter at the reception and ask me to read and then he kept on going towards the exit. I know he is wrong but if I won't be making any effort now then I will be wrong. I ran after him and jump at him. He catch both of us on time and then he made me stand and before I could say he gave me a bear hug. We stood their hugging each other for like 5 min and when we were done I told him I am getting late I need to be somewhere urgently. He said okay and stepped aside. I move towards my car leaving him behind and then out of nowhere I asked him -Do you want to come with me, I want you to meet someone. He said okay and then we hit the road.

Once I reach my home, I move out of the car and asked him to do the same. I went inside and he followed me. Once we reach inside I saw alrick sleeping with hope and when I look at hope she had her eyes wide open and she was playing with her toy. Alrick must be really tired because he never sleep while he is alone with her. Once hope saw me she starting crying and because of her sound alrick woke up. I went to him and ask him to sleep but he already woke up. I pick hope up and give her to harry to take her outside and we will join him. Alrick was shocked to see harry so I waited to talk to him and I told him the whole story and when he understand the whole thing he nod and gave me a kiss and then he went outside to greet harry. Harry asked me whether she is my daughter and I told him yes. 

I fill harry with past 3 years of my life leaving that heartbreak scene. I told him how I flew from LA to here, how I fell for alrick(again ignoring that crying part), engagement, marriage, my job and most important my baby. He was shocked to know all these stuff. He knows that alrick and I was married but he didn't know we had a baby or I am here in France. He then told us about him and Maggi and all the reality about their marriage. I said sorry to him about that. Then he told us about his new girlfriend Charlotte. Listening all about his new girlfriend didn't make me jealous or sad but this time I was actually happy for him. Even alrick was happy that everything sort out between us. 

In evening when we all were sitting on the dinning table having dinner everything look surreal. Harry and alrick were having some discussion about sports. I was busy feeding hope and she was just giggling on something she finds interesting. Out of nowhere alrick asked harry how he never fall for me because he find it hard not to love me from the first time he laid his eyes on me. I tried to stop them but harry has already started speaking.

" She is beautiful and sweet like a flower, and l am like a parasite. I was never good for her, she deserve someone much more better than me. We were complete opposite. She is good and I am evil, she is flower I am leaves, she is love and I am hate, she is everything I could never be. I wanted her to be happy and in that process I made her sad every time. 
I am happy alrick she found you. You are the nicest man I know that's why I guess graham approved of you. Just take good care of her. And answering your question yea I loved her but my love was destroying her and your love make her glow and on the other hand I am happy to be her friend. Friendship is the promise that I made to her. Whatever and wherever she will be I will always look out for her. I made her a "PROMISE OF TOGETHERNESS". That promise is not about love but a friendship that she always have a person back whenever she look around."

Me and alrick was astonished by his answer. I went to hug him and thanx him for being the bestest friend I could ever ask. Alrick and harry too hug each other.

Then we were back to the dinner with a smiling face.

-----------------------------------------------

Done with the story.

Hope you all like this.

 It's not always love that wins but friendship is a promise of lifetime.

Do share your views.

Love you all..❤❤❤❤❤