1.3

I turned to the voice and there were the three other boys. They all looked just as shocked as I did.

Daniel and Kylie were watching now.

My eyes snapped to Kylie who watched me with wide eyes.

It was Calum who had spoke.

Nobody made a move. Everybody's eyes darted from Luke and then to me. Mine on the other hand avoided looking at him at all. I looked from the guys to Kylie and Daniel. I begged Kylie with my eyes to do something. She was too busy waiting to see what would happen.

Ashton stepped forward, coming straight to me and pulling me into a big hug.

"I said keep in contact." He said quietly enough for just us to hear.

We rocked back and forth for a bit.

"You had to know why I didn't." I responded just as quiet.

"I understand." He said in the same quiet tone. "It's so good to see you!" He said loudly as he pulled away.

His hair was now black and it fell into his face. It looked good, he looked good. Then I remembered the money. I pulled him back into my arms. It was unexpected to everyone around us.

"Ashton thank you so much oh my gosh. I didn't use all of it. I'll give you what I didn't use." I said trying to keep my voice down.

"No, keep it. Remember what I said."

"My turn!" Michael shouted as he shoved Ashton off me and engulfed me in his arms.

"I'm engaged!" He shouted.

I giggled.

"Congratulations, to Crystal?"

He nodded and I gave him a high five.

Next was Calum.

"I hope you're doing better." He said quietly as he pulled me into a hug.

"I am. I hope you guys too."  He pulled back and smiled.

"We are."

Then I realized, Luke was the only one who hadn't greeted me yet. Everyone seemed to be aware of that and was looking between the both of us.

I didn't want him to greet me, I wanted him to continue to act like I don't exist so I can keep some of my sanity.

I was avoiding looking at him but I turned to him. He was looking at his glittery boots. Then he looked up right at me.

"Good to see you."  He said.

One thing I noticed was that his accent was almost nonexistent. The other was how as soon as he was done speaking, he looked away.

My eyes went to the ground as I got ready to speak but then I remembered how Daniel forced me onto the rollercoaster tonight. "Don't let fear rule your life." He had said.

I snapped my eyes right up to him. He glanced at me through his curls.

"You too." 

Then, just like that everyone around us seemed to relax a little.

I didn't.

"We didn't know you were friends with the interviewer." Ashton stated.

"Uh yea, I actually work for the same company."

"Why didn't you come with her?" Michael asked sound a bit let down.

Ashton shoved his elbow against him slightly.