0.8

The Next Day

Stormella

Once again, I was placed on room service. Only tonight Martha wasn't here. Cody was running check ins instead.

Cody is pretty cool, he's a few years old than me and is currently studying to be a doctor. He spends most of his time reading his textbooks, which is what he's doing now.

"Yea, and she really wanted to hang out with me the other day but I had class." Cody sighed as he told me about a girl he's been seeing.

"She sounds nice. Do you guys have another date planned?" I asked as I stared at the clock on the wall, trying to move the hands with my eyes.

I had three hours left before I could go home and I hadn't had a room service call all night. To say I was bored was an understatement.

He nodded.

"Yea, we're gonna go to dinner this week." He answered, turning a page and then looking up at me. "Hey, did you hear about what the one guy did? I don't know if Martha told you."

"No?" I asked leaning back.

"Some guy trashed his room. Like seriously trashed it. Broke a lot of stuff, even a chandelier."

It didn't take me long to figure out who trashed their room. There's only a few rooms with chandeliers, and I happen to know an asshole who had one.

"Did she kick him out?" I asked, intrigued but bothered.

He shook his head, his dark brown hair flying around on his head.

"No, fucker could pay for it."

I nodded, grabbing for the portable phone.

"Hey, I'm gonna go for a walk, my butt is numb." I kinda lied. I had been sitting since I got here and I'm not gonna lie, my ass was tingly.

"Okay, I'll be here studying." He said as he turned his attention back to his book.

I stood up and headed for the elevators, ignoring my common sense.

If he thinks that he can just come here and trash his room he is wrong.

Once I was at his door, I knocked loudly.

I waited nearly a minute before the door was pulled open and Luke was standing there.

His blonde curly hair was a mess, and he was wearing a long sleeve shirt and some boxers.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his voice filled with sleep.

"Why did you trash your room?" I asked.

He furrowed his eyebrows, leaning against the door.

"It's too early for questions." He whined.

I walked into his room, looking around. It was dark so I didn't really see anything.

"Luke, why did you break stuff?" I asked.

"Why does it matter?" He responded, putting a hand on his face.

"This is why you shouldn't get super drunk, you get re-"

That's when he snapped.

"You know what? Fuck off. I barely know you, it is none of your business what I did, or why I did it. I have money to pay for stuff to be fixed, so why is it such a big fucking deal?" He shouted.

I stood there, speechless.

Shit.

"Also, leave me the fuck alone about drinking so much, have you ever considered that I fucking do it because I can barely function if I don't? I know I drink too much, I don't like it, but if I fucking don't I get super depressed."