Chapter 3: The Encounter

Start from the beginning

        "Oh, shoot!" You made it to work five minutes late, but there wasn't anyone waiting outside the bookstore anyway. You walked over to the counter to set your things down behind it. You looked around the small building, noticing how unorganized and messy the place was. If Pearl saw this, she would probably have an aneurism. You chuckled to yourself, walking around the counter again to start the process of tidying up.

*tiny time skip brought to you by organization*

        You sighed cheerfully, standing back with your hands on your hips to view your work. "Now this is what a bookstore should look like." You had stacked the books nicely on the tables in the store and reorganized the ones on the shelves. You even had enough strength to rearrange the placing of one of the shelves, pushing it against the wall. That specific shelf had...relatively inappropriate books on it, and you didn't want the kids of Beach City getting to them so easy.

        Walking back over to the counter, you logged into the computer. You clicked on the internet browser, searching 'books published recently.' You clicked on the first website, scrolling down the page to look at the book titles and the quick summaries about them. Pulling open a drawer stashed inside the counter, you quickly jotted down the titles that piqued your interest. After you finished that, you opened a new tab in the browser going to the company's website your dad relied on to get all the books the store had today. A few of the books on your little list weren't available to order, but you put the ones you could in the shopping cart. Clicking the button labeled 'order' at the bottom of the screen, you leaned back, shutting the computer off. You pulled out your phone, checking the time. 9:47 AM. You sighed, running your fingers through your (h/c) hair. It's gonna be a long day...

*time skip brought to you by long, boring days*

Jasper's POV

        I could feel the familiar warmth of my body reforming from my gem. How long was I out for?... My heavy boots hit the ground, and I staggered momentarily after hitting my head on the ceiling. I let out a surprised gasp, grabbing my face as the cold air hit unusual fresh cuts. "Wha-What is this?!" I clawed at my face, pulling at the metal attached to my gem. I stumbled, knocking over something in the small enclosure I seemed to be in. I tripped again, stepping on something as I heard it shatter under my feet. I turned frantically, becoming dizzy until I fell backward, landing on my behind. I yanked the metal again, looking in my hand to see it broken to bits. I threw it down angrily, observing my surroundings. I seemed to be in some sort of building. I figured it was most likely where humans dwelled based on the weird objects cluttering the place. I pushed myself from the ground, deciding to further examine the area. I crossed the threshold, my boots sounding quieter on the softer floor. During my reformation, I seemed to have trashed this room the most. I chuckled to myself, looking at the mess. There was a cushion-like object toppled over, and shards of...gems? I bent down and scooped the fragments into my hand. Were these supposed to be some kind of...decoration? I inwardly cringed, standing up quickly and throwing the shards onto the floor. I hate this planet... I made my way to other parts of the dwelling, continuing my investigation.

*time skip brought to you by Jasper's mess*