The Hero's Kindness

Patch Afternoon

TaiPOV

I walk to the door, knocking hoping that one would answer. Carrying too many bags is a problem. I was expecting a warm welcome home only for Yang to open up the door with a pissed look.

She let me past. I scan around the room, for both my eyes to lock on Shirou holding himself on the stair railing, panting and sweating. Next to him I see the bunny girl, she was a similar story to Shirou. Sweating and panting, but she had a friendly smile.

Tai: Shirou are you okay? You seem exhausted.

Shirou: no-no I'm fine. Just need to catch my breath.

Tai: ok. So why are you so tired?

Yang: He did a lot of "exercise" with Velvet.

Tai: That's good, but I thought you only did your exercises in the morning.

Coco: It was a long work out. Just finished before you got here, but it was a 'longer' training session for Velvet here.

Velvet/Shirou: Coco!/ Quiet you!

I was confused at their outburst but I wasn't going to question it any further. I placed the three bursting shopping bags on the living room table. I then placed two boxes, both of different sizes and colour, one was white and smaller than the red box. I know exactly what's in the two boxes and I'm excited to show Shirou and my daughter.

Tai: Hey, Yang! Shirou! I have a surprise for the two of you, your friends are also welcomed to see them.

The four looked at me and the boxes with curiously, Shirou and Yang moved to the table, I place the lengthy red box in front of the boy and the smaller white on in my girl's reach. They both grabbed the lids and threw them open.

They widened their eyes at the sight of the surprise but they had two different reactions. A smile grew on Shirou, his eyes shun with joy and his overall energy was positive but Yang...

Yang: (disheartened) Dad, where did you get these.

Tai: I got them from James.

Shirou: Ironwood?

Coco/Velvet: the General of Atlas?

Tai: Me and Ironwood go way far, like Qrow I know some higher ups. I thought I would have to pull in some favour but was pleasantly surprised when I found out that he had his best men already working on it. Ironwood did this as graduate for all your work against the White Fang and Cinder Fall, and wanted you two to make a full recovery.

Yang and Shirou grabbed their robotic arms and placed them on the table. Shirou's arm was a full right arm, it was a platinum colour and was sized for his personal use. It was similiar story for Yang but it was only for her forearm.

Shirou: This will be great! I'll be able to return to my usual fighting style, though I wonder if I can transfer the energy from my magic circuits through them.

Tai: (nervous) About yours Shirou...Should I be concerned the fact that the specs said that yours has double the titanium layering than Yang's?

Velvet: double?

Tai: Yeah. Yang's robotic arm has three layers of titanium, while (to shirou) yours has six.

Shirou: Guess the General thought that I'd need it. haha.

Tai: So Yang what do you think? Do you want to try it on?

Yang: I don't think I will. It isn't that I don't want it, it's just that I'm not sure if it'll replace what I lost, if this 'arm' will give me my old self back. So for now I don't want to try it, I don't want to wear it.